AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Our best launch at Santa Pod came with TC off, Manual launch

With the launch control it span up like hell

Blunteh

Apr 3, 2014
He means the front wheels will spin like hell, not that TC can't be turned off.. Golf R and S3 are 4WD so get better traction at launch, hence a lot less spin (as weight is shunted to the back at launch (watch the Evo M235i vs Leon Cupra drag race video from 1:40 for an example: evo.co.uk/videos/planetevovideos/292315/bmw_m235i_vs_seat_leon_cupra_drag_race_video.html ))

AndrewJB - Guess on the strip the best launch was achieved by gradually increasing the throttle ? i.e. proper driving rather than mashing the go peddle...

Last edited:

Angelmikey511

Jul 27, 2014
Portsmouth
Guys, I'm new to having a descent car. Can you tell me how you even use launch control. Spent all this money and didn't even know it had it. Thanks

andylvzsam

Jan 15, 2013
South Wales
Hey guys not sure if it's the same thing. I have a 1.6tdi 2012 Leon so it's not the cupra or fr, but when I am stopped, clutch in, first gear the car only revs to 2.5k, soon as I let off the clutch the car goes. In my opinion it seems like its some sort of launch control as I have watched videos on YouTube about other cars with launch control and it's kind of similar, but it's only a 1.6tdi with 105bhp, Any suggestions? Thanks

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
Hey guys not sure if it's the same thing. I have a 1.6tdi 2012 Leon so it's not the cupra or fr, but when I am stopped, clutch in, first gear the car only revs to 2.5k, soon as I let off the clutch the car goes. In my opinion it seems like its some sort of launch control as I have watched videos on YouTube about other cars with launch control and it's kind of similar, but it's only a 1.6tdi with 105bhp, Any suggestions? Thanks

It's a safety feature to prevent you over revving the engine at rest.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise