Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store.

Layer of ice on windscreen - inside

Discussion in 'Leon Mk2' started by Leon2010, Jan 18, 2019.

1. Rampage

Rampage Trainee Northener

My Leon used to get frozen on the inside and loads of condensation.

I have an Alhambra now and chucking a bowl of warm water over the windscreen (on the outside) helps clear any condensation and gets rid of any ice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Paulki

Paulki Active Member

Drive around for a day or two with the windscreen demist on, this will turn on the AC/climate control which will dry out the cabin.

3. Rusty2k

Rusty2k Active Member

You know there is a button to turn on the AC without switching the system into the windscreen de-mist mode? I can't see how having the AC on for a couple of days would magically dry up any residual dampness in the car either.

Plus, I'm fairly sure that how hot the windscreen gets when heating the car is part of the problem. On my car at least the centre part of of the windscreen where the airflow from the vent hits always gets condensation first.

4. Paulki

Paulki Active Member

I should of mentioned to put it in recirculate mode, this will take the moisture out of the air and blow dry air at your windscreen as the moisture will condense on the evaporator first and run out through the drain pipe. Demist mode will still give you heat, so you don't have to freeze.

5. martin j.

martin j. Active Member

I have deflectors on the windows and so leave the front windows open 1/2 inch so that fresh air blows through and helps keep the windows clear, not a fan of using recirculated air I find this makes the problem worse?

6. DavieTDI

DavieTDI Brain dead

I have a mk2 08 and don't have this fault. I do run with the footwell heater on and the window open a little

7. fozzybear

fozzybear middle aged speed freak

One other reason is using aircon as forms moisture in air....also causes condensation in summer inside on windscreen....one of causes may not be yours but if use aircon a lot ...a fair chance is

8. ThirdLeon

ThirdLeon Senior Member

One of my mates has a mk5 Golf and had this happen a month or 2 back