LC THS TIP - to short to reach air box + quality issues

Nov 29, 2007
Mansfield, Notts
Spent a few hours this weekend fitting a THS TIP. Would of been a lot quicker but I spent ages trying to align the TIP but it just wont reach the air box. It is to short by around 25-30mm, if you include the MAF housing I'd say it was around 40-50mm short.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

I've e-mailed them to double check I was sent the right one, it has 220 stamped inside the pipe.

Plus the quality is a little lacking with regards to the glue used to secure the lower alloy outlet by the turbo. It came off and I've had to use a clip to secure it in place. The outlet that connects to the N75 was also around 2-3mm to big so I've had to over tighten the clip to stop a leak.

Really not happy at the moment with the fit or quality!

Nov 29, 2007
Mansfield, Notts
wont the maf fit in and extend the other end to your air filter? or is there no way the maf will go near?

The airbox end has a plate with two screws to the air box. I thought about putting it on the TIP and then attempting to do it back up to the air box but I don't think that would of helped.

The TIP is defo short - the PCV bung is rubbing on a round alloy plate (sorry don't know the proper name).

Nov 29, 2007
Mansfield, Notts
Send it back, get a refund, buy a forge, job done ;)

I'll see what they email back. I brought it back in March and never got round to fitting it until this weekend, so getting my money back would be difficult I would of thought. Plus its still on the car with an open cone because I ran out of time and could not go back to OEM.

I think I'm more p!$$ed because I spent time out in the cold fitting the bloody thing to find the final fit rubbish.

Others have good things to say about the service and quality so I might of been unlucky...

Phillc

Love is....Yellow
Apr 23, 2007
Pershore, worcestershire
Mine was for the LC and fitted perfectly i also bought the boost hoses and water pipes, no quality issues what so ever,Ollie the guy at THS couldn't have been more helpful. tbh i have heard of the Forge ones having fitting problems as well.

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
I went Forge ages ago, there was zero quality issue with this
BUT at approx 1/2 the price again I would hope so.
Sounds like you have a duff one, speak to Ollie and get it sorted.
I'll be taking the whole Forge kit off this winter and cleaning/inspecting it for next seasons track days.
Will be interesting to see hows it's gotten on in the 3 years + its been fitted

iandunn1100ss

Perfect fit for me(tight) and Ollie is very helpful at ths ,lovely in black and well finished .
ian
PS i found it much better to get my missus to flex the hose towards the tip as i did up the hose clip

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 29, 2007
Mansfield, Notts
THS full refund given...

Well all I can say is a big thanks to Ollie @ THS.

He was excellent help when I brought the TIP and DBM originally and was just as good with regards to sorting out the issue.

THS no longer stock the LC TIP and thus gave me a refund of £60 straight back into my PayPal account. I gave Ollie as much information as possible regarding the TIP and the transaction history and he appoligised offered a refund straight away.

Well happy and excellent customer service.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members