LCR Brake Pad Cahnge Help

Jonwm

New to the MK2...
Jun 22, 2009
Tamworth
Hi Guys
Followed the guide to change the pads on my LCR yesterday and it worked a treat, well nearly anyway.
I started with the passenger side and it took 20 mins until the new pads were in and all back on the ground, next the drivers side, out came the pins and the pad on the outside, but the inside pad was stick fast, after 30 mins of pushing and pulling it would not come out so I pushed it back further into the calliper so i could push the pistons back in, this went fine, so now the pad is ratting around inside the calliper, but everytime I pull it to get out of the calliper it just gets stuck solid, no amount of wiggling or pulling will remove the pad.

So back went in all the old pads, and a total waste of 3 hours! So now i'm back to where I started, typical it was the last pad.

I wondered if there was any advice I could glean from here from anyone who has had this issue, there doesnt seem that much of a lip on the disc, would the calliper need to be removed to get it out?

Any advise appreciated. :(

Jon

rsmith

Robbie
Apr 28, 2004
Tipperary, Ireland
You should NOT have to remove the calliper to get the old pads out, did you remove the cap on the brake fluid reservoir to push the pistons the whole way back(rap a rag around the cap in case of overspill)

I had min out at the weekend, one of them was a bit tricky so i tied 2 strings thru the hole in the pad where the pins go and wiggled it out.

Jonwm

New to the MK2...
Jun 22, 2009
Tamworth
Might give the string idea a go the weekend, I got the pistons back by pushing the pads further into the calliper, they must be caught on something at the front of the calliper, quite frutrating!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.