Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest. If you're not subscribing to us on YouTube yet, you're missing out on car news and reviews. Subscribe to our channel to get notified when we post new videos.

LCR bumpers, any tips to spot fakes?

Discussion in 'Leon Mk1 (2000-2006)' started by LeeroyArmstrong, Jul 29, 2013.

1. I have found someone breaking a Leon on Gumtree with what he claims to be 'genuine LCR bumpers'. I'm due to see the car on Wednesday here and I have some doubts as to whether they are genuine or not.

Are there any major differences between an aftermarket bumper and a genuine part?

This is the car itself, with all bumpers on:

[​IMG]
    Untitled by LeeroyArmstrong, on Flickr

2. RaviR50

RaviR50 Active Member

really without inspecting it you cant tell. if its got cracks, no part number ect then you can be pretty sure its a fake. if its come from a genuine lcr then most likely to be real

3. I suppose it's a risk really. Are genuine parts Fiberglass or what? I'm not too clued up on this

4. RaviR50

RaviR50 Active Member

No fake ones are fibreglass and liable to crack easily. they don't make for a great fit either. real parts are ABS plastic and the best you can get

5. Thanks. Will standard fogs fit, or will I need to buy new ones?

6. RaviR50

RaviR50 Active Member

Na they won't bud you'll have to get hold of proper lcr ones they are more spherical than oval

7. RaviR50

RaviR50 Active Member

Also if you're putting it on a prefacelift then you're gonna need different bumper guides and wheel arch extension all can be bought off dave from sere on the homepage

8. Thanks man. The car has the whole Cupra R interior so it's got me thinking it's genuine. Hopefully all goes well :)

9. Brettyboy

Brettyboy Active Member

Not many fake bumper around & will be obvious

10. In Northern Ireland there's nothing but reps. You ask someone if it's genuine and they look like you as if you have two heads or laugh. It's usually all the scene and stance boys who can be bothered to pay for the quality.

Either way the kit wasn't genuine so it wasn't worth it. I did however come back with a parcel shelf as my Leon didn't come with one, so it ain't all bad.