LCR Convert

DIESELDAVE

Feb 2, 2005
Having had many fast diesels i have decided to buy a petrol LCR 225. I have enjoyed my diesel motoring for the past 3 yrs but thought id have a crack at the petrol game. I pick my red LCR up on thursday and cant wait for it. I have just had a blast in it and it felt very smooth and fast top end, i must admit though my little fabia vrs (superchipped) is faster low down the rev range ! but thats why i sort of wanted a change...its ok having cars that are fast upto 4K rvs but its nice to hold on to gears at top end and round corners and things. What minor tweaks can be done pre re mapp...im already thinking of panel filter and DV !

DIESELDAVE

Feb 2, 2005
ive already decided im gonna get an air filter...its pretty much the first thing i do when i get a car.....dont really know much about the petrol mods though, but sayin that i had a read about the forge dv , which seems apealing to me

Cupramax

Uber pimp meister
Aug 1, 2001
Beware of oiled filters if you do upgrade as they can cause issues with the MAF. The standard airbox is actually a good design and mods have been known to cause a drop in power unless you go for a proper CAI system. DV's are also a matter for discussion. Plenty have changed on here, I ran mine with the standard one with no issues for nearly 3 years...

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.