LCR Cruise Control Instructions?

BigJohn

Jul 9, 2004
Hampshire
Hi,

Looking for detailed (illustrated) instructions on how to fit the VAG cruise control to a LCR. I've seen Chris Cholmeley's detailed VW instructions and wondered if anyone has detailed the different (?) method. I've seen some shots somewhere on how to get access to the fuse box and dash removal, can I find them!! Also where is the ECU mounted on the LCR??

Ray Smith

BigJohn said:
Hi,

Looking for detailed (illustrated) instructions on how to fit the VAG cruise control to a LCR. I've seen Chris Cholmeley's detailed VW instructions and wondered if anyone has detailed the different (?) method. I've seen some shots somewhere on how to get access to the fuse box and dash removal, can I find them!! Also where is the ECU mounted on the LCR??
Don't do it

BigJohn

Jul 9, 2004
Hampshire
TheUnixKid said:
I think I'd be inclided to get a pro to do it as well, especially with wiring.
Did it last weekend at the Reading Install Meet. 3 hours of graft, couldn't have done it without some good help from Chris.

Ray Smith

BigJohn said:
Did it last weekend at the Reading Install Meet. 3 hours of graft, couldn't have done it without some good help from Chris.
now you can set your speed at 60 , and overtake lorries doing 56..great,another one :roflmao:

Ray Smith

cruise control is the worst thing ever invented for the motor car

BigJohn

Jul 9, 2004
Hampshire
Ray Smith said:
cruise control is the worst thing ever invented for the motor car
So, reading between the lines here, call me old fashioned but it looks from where I'm standing that maybe you don't like Cruise Controls? :bleh:

Ray Smith

BigJohn said:
So, reading between the lines here, call me old fashioned but it looks from where I'm standing that maybe you don't like Cruise Controls? :bleh:
thats right, its a helpful aid to the bad driver

Cran

Jun 9, 2003
Cambridge
Visit site
it'd be usefull in town so you can drive at 30 mph without having to check your speed every time you see a yellow box in case you are accidently doing 33mph due to allowing your attention to focus on reading the road and driving safely rather than concentrating on the speedo 100% of the time.

magic77

Soot Machine
Jan 20, 2004
Camberley - Surrey
Visit site
sorry but cruise is very usefull I do abotu 30K a year most on motorway and when you are cruising on a motorway there is nothing more annoying then having constanly adjust the throttle to keep the speed right try a long drive from london to machester and you have one dead leg.

Thats what cruise is for and stupid annoying roadworks with 40mph spec cameras at 2am

lets see £60 and comfortable long distance driving and no points when in spec zone

I think so

c11rgd

Freshie
Sep 27, 2006
Hi Big John please could you provide me with the info you got for fitting this,want to savea afew £££ and do a DIY as i haev done on all my mods

Jonny

slightly insane monkey
Jul 5, 2005
South Wales
Looking at his profile "Last Activity: 31-03-2006 21:24" don't think you'll get a reply! ;) lol

Someone else might be able to point you in the right direction though :)

briggd01

May 30, 2007
Bracknell, Berks
Best thing ever invented - apart from ****?

sorry but cruise is very usefull I do abotu 30K a year most on motorway and when you are cruising on a motorway there is nothing more annoying then having constanly adjust the throttle to keep the speed right try a long drive from london to machester and you have one dead leg.

Thats what cruise is for and stupid annoying roadworks with 40mph spec cameras at 2am

lets see £60 and comfortable long distance driving and no points when in spec zone

I think so

Know how you feel buddy, do 30K also a year M4/A34 daily and just had cruise control fitted by a guy from Wimbledon £150 for fitting and cruise stalk plus wiring and 3 year warranty.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.