lcr dump valve

andrewmill

alright chaps,

planning a dump valve seen the forge spliter, baileys dv26 and a turbo smart kompact but dont know whats the best any 1 got any of these? there all the twin piston 1 the leon uses aye? cheers

Mar 3, 2008
sunny Devon
forge 007p fully recirclulating, remove bonnet insulation fit green cotton cone filter and woosh d/v will be loud and work 110% perfect

d/v = £90 ish
green cone filter = £50 ish
remove bonnet insulation =£ free
jod done.........

look in the tunning and speak to bill@badger5 tunning
he will sort you out chap.

BoomhaueR

Wanna go fasterrrR
Oct 9, 2008
Exeter, Devon
As above you can get it sounding pretty loud with just a Forge 007p.

But if you want that very audible 'Tshhh' sound you will need a part blow off valve. If I were you I would either go for the Bailey or Turbosmart as some people have problems with the SplitR.

I had a Turbosmart dual port kompact and it was certainly loud enough. I didn't get any problems with ecu either. It ran fine and was very noticeable from outside the car when it dumps air. It was fun but after a while the sound became annoying so I went back to a 007p, especially as I was going stage 2.

andrewmill

thanks yeh a think i'll go with the turbosmart, also is it hard to set up?

leon cupra r

Back in an LCR!
Nov 10, 2009
Barnsley
Make sure you read up on atmospheric blow off valves before you make your decision mate, they have been known to cause issues, some may get away with it as Boomhauer did, but you may end up with your engine management light and limp mode (max 30mph) kicking in!

Not saying don't bother as it's obviously up to you - although a lot of people on here will just shout 007p at you untill you cave in and buy one! - but you need to look into it before going blind into buying something which may leave you pretty much stranded!

Should find plenty of info on this if you do a search for BOV or turbosmart or even splittr should pull up some info

Ben

BoomhaueR

Wanna go fasterrrR
Oct 9, 2008
Exeter, Devon
Yeah it does lose a little pressure when blowing off, partly why I put the 007p back on for stage 2 (other reason was the spring didn't go stiff enough and the sound became annoying).

It's fairly easy to set up too. But yes when trying it out I would keep the original in the car with you along with a few tools for a couple weeks in case the engine doesn't like it and you need to remove it.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.