LCR first car

LCR280

May 21, 2018
Got myself a LCR mk1 210 AMK, my first car and already has had a few mods done to it, been stage 2 mapped to 280.4 bhp, looking for some advice regarding parts and mods etc, will list below

Best bigger turbo upgrade?
Best Suspension upgrade?
When I bought the car I was told it has a decat to go with the stage 2, but it shows a engine warning light on my dash, is there any cats that will solve this issue ie race cat/sports cat?
What is the best tuning company to take it to in Scotland ?
And best place to buy performance parts from?

Cheers

bruceR

Apr 11, 2005
Monifieth, Dundee
Cracking first car matey, good choice.
A sports cat (200 cell) would fix it but it will more likely be a sensor has been removed or bypassed.
Also depends where you are in Scotland, I use Star Performance near Kirkcaldy but there are a few dotted about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: LCR280

LCR280

May 21, 2018
Cracking first car matey, good choice.
A sports cat (200 cell) would fix it but it will more likely be a sensor has been removed or bypassed.
Also depends where you are in Scotland, I use Star Performance near Kirkcaldy but there are a few dotted about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers mate, got a good reg with it when I bought it, M70 LCR, wanted one for a long time, in my opinion their a really nice motor, especially for a 5 door which helps with having 2 kids haha, will have a look into them pal cheers, I stay in boness which is about 5 minutes from queensferry, theirs a few around me but haven’t heard the best of reviews about them so looking to go a bit further out and if people on here reccomend them then don’t see why not use them as I don’t know a single I their person with a LCR

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Decent car.
Mileage?
Bigger turbos there’s a few but need supporting mods and huge deep pockets as when you go over 300 lbs of torque you’ll need forged rods or it will bend them. That’s a min of £1500
Just for rods and fitting. Then more bits and pieces on top.
Suspension, I was on original shocks and H&R springs and the ride was good. Not ideal for track though.
I have recently put BC Racing coilovers on the car and it has transformed the car.
Been down pretty poor roads and no crashy thumpy ride.
Firm but composed. Ride height has lowered further than the springs so speed bumps are not very easy any longer.
Pictures in my readers ride.
Sparkie’s mk1 LCR.
There’s two videos on the last post. Both at Bedford Autodrome.
One with the spring set up and then with the coilovers and bushing that adds castor.
The differrrce is big. On power earlier, less wheel spin exiting corners etc. I can highly recommend them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

LCR280

May 21, 2018
Decent car.
Mileage?
Bigger turbos there’s a few but need supporting mods and huge deep pockets as when you go over 300 lbs of torque you’ll need forged rods or it will bend them. That’s a min of £1500
Just for rods and fitting. Then more bits and pieces on top.
Suspension, I was on original shocks and H&R springs and the ride was good. Not ideal for track though.
I have recently put BC Racing coilovers on the car and it has transformed the car.
Been down pretty poor roads and no crashy thumpy ride.
Firm but composed. Ride height has lowered further than the springs so speed bumps are not very easy any longer.
Pictures in my readers ride.
Sparkie’s mk1 LCR.
There’s two videos on the last post. Both at Bedford Autodrome.
One with the spring set up and then with the coilovers and bushing that adds castor.
The differrrce is big. On power earlier, less wheel spin exiting corners etc. I can highly recommend them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I got it with 130k on the clock and had it rebuilt with all new components etc, had a full history come with it, every invoice for all mods done in the past, had initially wanted to forge the engine but was to costly at the time so just had it rebuilt mate, I know sitting at 280 there isn’t much more that the stock internals will take before it ruins the engine, so my plan is to upgrade a few things, ie. turbo, suspension, tyres etc make it my own, I’ve had a look on your thread mate and your LCR and it looks spot on pal , haven’t had a chance to get through it all but looks spot on mate

Reactions: Sparkie

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
PS your reg is pretty cool.
What mileage do you have and who mapped the car?

Badger5 Custom Map + TIP,
3” Sustem, FMIC, Bosh 550’s,
BC Coilovers, ARB’s +loads more.

LCR280

May 21, 2018
PS your reg is pretty cool.
What mileage do you have and who mapped the car?

Think my reg is actually from an evo tbh, saw a few around that are like VIII LCR, but goes well with the Leon, can’t remember off the top off my head, will have a look when I get home mate, and yeah I got so far into then had to go back to work, very good read and interesting for a novice like my self mate, hats off to you brilliant build, are you complete with the full build?

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Cheers.
Yes pretty close to finished
I have a BAF upper rear brace to fit behind sack seats. And I have a bucket seat arriving Friday which I have a set of runners for and an OMP subframe .
Corbeau pro series Seat. To stop me flying about in the car.
I’m pretty slim so Seats don’t hug me.
After that LSD would be killer on track. Then forged rods would see me hit 300 ish horses on my standard turbo.
But that’s a chunk of money away.
Right now it is great to drive on track so will enjoy it for now.

LCR280

May 21, 2018
Cheers.
Yes pretty close to finished
I have a BAF upper rear brace to fit behind sack seats. And I have a bucket seat arriving Friday which I have a set of runners for and an OMP subframe .
Corbeau pro series Seat. To stop me flying about in the car.
I’m pretty slim so Seats don’t hug me.
After that LSD would be killer on track. Then forged rods would see me hit 300 ish horses on my standard turbo.
But that’s a chunk of money away.
Right now it is great to drive on track so will enjoy it for now.

Sounds like that’s became some what of a money pit mate lol, sounds unbelievably fun to drive, I had the mad idea of a 4WD conversion haha, the 300 mark is what I’m aiming for mate

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Labour of love.
Money too.
After the seat which I’ve already paid for I really don’t need to do any more. I’m happy with how it is.
We will always want more power but I’ve made a fun car and it’s quick enough for now.

LCR280

May 21, 2018
Labour of love.
Money too.
After the seat which I’ve already paid for I really don’t need to do any more. I’m happy with how it is.
We will always want more power but I’ve made a fun car and it’s quick enough for now.
Definitely, had a proper read through your thread mate and all I can say is wow haha, that must be a machine mate, I’m happy with the power mines has, but I’d rather have my own touches to it, the front was to low and I went down a back road and ripped my splitter off the front, was distraught at the time, now it’s starting to grow on me with out it lol, sat about and inch from the ground so the ride wasn’t the most comfortable either, paint has started to wear on it aswell so either considering a wrap and completely changing the colour or getting touch ups here and there

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
No you must fit splitter back on. They look poo without it.
Also is a good bumper protector and at 44 quid it’s a decent price guard.
See it as a throw away item. As for bodywork, wrapping makes good sense.
Would love mine wrapped polar white. With a black roof.

LCR280

May 21, 2018
No you must fit splitter back on. They look poo without it.
Also is a good bumper protector and at 44 quid it’s a decent price guard.
See it as a throw away item. As for bodywork, wrapping makes good sense.
Would love mine wrapped polar white. With a black roof.

Yeah mate was going to get to it eventually lol, sat about an inch off the ground with the splitter lol so will need it raised haha, but you’re right every time I go over a bump etc I go at like 5mph haha, I was thinking ice white or a really light grey, with the black roof, black wheels mate, got a list on awesomegti that I’m going to work away at buying bit by bit, main part for me was the rebuild and now that’s Out the way can look at modding now, thinking of getting the angel eye head lights, hoping to make it to the meet in January mate

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.