LCR - gone but not forgotten

Martinoutfront

mmm......heartburn
Feb 15, 2004
On the dark side...
Visit site
Finally got round to sorting out my LCR piccies, even though its been 3months since I sold it.
They are from an early morning trip into Brum when it was a bit warmer than it is now:)

IMG_3839edit.jpg

Last edited:
As someone who took exactly the same route in terms of a car swap how are you finding the ST TDCi?

I cleaned mine yesterday for the first time in two months! :redface: I just can't get enthusiastic about it like I could with the LCR, it's very much more a tool than a luxury for me, but a good car none-the-less.

I still can't decide whether to get it remapped or not, I can't help feeling it needs more power and the attraction of improved mpg is quite strong too.

Kendo

The Kit Car Man
May 15, 2005
erskine
You'll have been very sorry to see it go, mondeo is a good car but nowhere near the same league as the LCR.

You'll have been very sorry to see it go, mondeo is a good car but nowhere near the same league as the LCR.

Actually I wasn't too sorry to see my LCR go at the time, I was looking forward to cheaper fuel bills and the LCR had lost it's magic a bit for me when I bought the Elise. In any case the Mondeo handles better than the LCR did (Ford chassis are great!), but it's more of an executive car to be inside and has more creature comforts which suits me given the mileage I do.

It does need more power though.

I'd always recommend the LCR as probably the best bang for buck large hot hatch out there at the moment.

Kendo

The Kit Car Man
May 15, 2005
erskine
I certainly wasnt sorry to see my 3 series go. Heavy on fuel and not that great a car all round. Wouldnt trade my seat for anything else in the price range. Love that it seems to run on fumes.

Martinoutfront

mmm......heartburn
Feb 15, 2004
On the dark side...
Visit site
As someone who took exactly the same route in terms of a car swap how are you finding the ST TDCi?

I was pleasantly surprised at the performance vs econony of the mondy. As long as you remember its a diesel and it doesn't do standing start stuff, you can get a good turn of speed. I had a play with a CTR the other day and left it for dead on a decent bit of dual tracK. I know he was trying aswell because he had been all over me on the 40mph stretch beforehand:w4nk:

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members