Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Well, the horns were well and truly fitting tonight.
I had MASSIVE fun.

The car was AWESOME, very very chuckable, very composed, very good handling, very good at putting the power down.
With the GYE F1 Asymmetrics I could throw it into corners and slide side ways around them, should you really be able to do this in the FWD motor??
I had a massive off but managed to control/avoid any hard things.
Major brown trouser monent

RobDon

Pro Detailer
Well, the horns were well and truly fitting tonight.
I had MASSIVE fun.

The car was AWESOME, very very chuckable, very composed, very good handling, very good at putting the power down.
With the GYE F1 Asymmetrics I could throw it into corners and slide side ways around them, should you really be able to do this in the FWD motor??
I had a massive off but managed to control/avoid any hard things.
Major brown trouser monent

I guess that's what happens when you put semi-slicks on the front and road tyres on the back!

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Not really Rob, its all about driving to your cars set up.
Just because I had the road tyres on the back didn't guarantee I'd spin out.
I spun out because I was pushing the handling and traction limits as hard as I could.
I could have easily kept on the straight and narrow all day long with this set up as it was perfect in its own way.
If I had semi slicks on the rear it would have just of ment I would have lost it some other way.

TBH I'm really happy to have lost it, regained it, not crashed into anyone and not damaged the car.
I've learned a lot about the car and how it handles Knockhill in the dry.

You don't know the limits till you push them and I fully pushed the limits of the car most of the laps.

I know what the car will do, how it will do it and where it'll do it now.

Next time with some finer adjustments and better concentration on lap times, one up in the car, with one seat, stiffer dampening settings, R88s's on the rear, smoothness and consistency it'll be shaving seconds off my lap times.

Not really Rob, its all about driving to your cars set up.
Just because I had the road tyres on the back didn't guarantee I'd spin out.
I spun out because I was pushing the handling and traction limits as hard as I could.
I could have easily kept on the straight and narrow all day long with this set up as it was perfect in its own way.
If I had semi slicks on the rear it would have just of ment I would have lost it some other way.

TBH I'm really happy to have lost it, regained it, not crashed into anyone and not damaged the car.
I've learned a lot about the car and how it handles Knockhill in the dry.

You don't know the limits till you push them and I fully pushed the limits of the car most of the laps.

I know what the car will do, how it will do it and where it'll do it now.

Next time with some finer adjustments and better concentration on lap times, one up in the car, with one seat, stiffer dampening settings, R88s's on the rear, smoothness and consistency it'll be shaving seconds off my lap times.

Very true! And hit your wing mirror off those apex markers! :drive1:

Aug 24, 2007
seems only weeks ago that I was watching Phil and some mad jock stripping an LCR next to a race track :D

Seems things have moved on a wee bit since POP. Great read Willie and quite inspirational :)

Phillc

Love is....Yellow
Apr 23, 2007
Pershore, worcestershire
seems only weeks ago that I was watching Phil and some mad jock stripping an LCR next to a race track :D

Seems things have moved on a wee bit since POP. Great read Willie and quite inspirational :)

Seems like yesterday,:rolleyes: i really hope Willie can make it to pop this year, even better if you bring the car too mate.

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Cheers guys but 100% I'm not making CPoP this year.
We have arranged a Scottish National day the same weekend without knowing.

Things have moved on, and will do for a few more years.

Aug 24, 2007
Willie, looks like you and I got a bit confused on the dates lol, I blame Claire :D

The Scottish national meet is in June isn't it, the week after Le Mans.

POP is July so there's no conflict.

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
P1060651.jpg

This is what was caught in my catch can on approx 50 laps of Knockhill.

It's approximately 150 ml.
The can was 100% empty prior to this track evening.

Really glad I've fitted this now and not waited.
I believe a baffled sump would have helped save this a bit but we'll see how it changes through the summer track days and when I finally get round to getting a baffled sump

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.