Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
I think thats a good plan Willie. Nice and cool for the track giving you nice safe consistant laps and for the 1/4's etc you can advance the timing to get the headline figures. And you know that the worst that happened is you've done 1/4 mile with it not running which wont be too bad. And you'll see the heat ramp up so you'll notice straight away something aint right.

Then you pull back the timing if you want to continue with the runs. Bish bash bosh! :)
Yup, seems like a plan.
TBH the oil cooler will be of more use to me on the track for keeping things cool.

So Willie, what g/s can you achieve now after remap?

With 23 degrees ambient it was 206 g/s.
On a cold damp day with less fuel dump I'd expect this to go up a bit, but not too sure by how much.
I'm more going for torque (acceleration) than BHP (head line figures/top end).

Does anyone remember how to extrapolate torque figures with VAG com?

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Who's doing the mapping Willie? Had a custom map on my Ibiza Cupra, and it was miles better than any of the 3 Ibiza cupras my mates had (even a full stage2 with FMIC etc!)

Always said I'd prefer that to a generic map!
Dave Manson from Aberdeensire.

Strongly recommend him and his services, cheaper than any other map supplier worth using and a hope to prove this against some BT MK1 Leons

Last edited:
May 29, 2008
Aberdeenshire
wont be till after my hols, but i think dave is going have a look over the car to find out for definate what map is on it.....and if i have some cash go down the route you have.

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Track car prepping marching on

That's me just ordered Ferodo DS3000's, 13 row Mocal oil cooler and Competition spec Millers oil.

Got the pads and oil from a local Motorsport company, www.clarkemotorsport.net, the oil cooler from www.thinkautomotive.co.uk. got very good prices on these. Just need to order rubber mounts for the oil cooler and hoses when I decide on the placement of this.
Neither will be a problem, I have a neighbour who makes hoses :)

Track cars taking shape now.

Once I order the roll cage, seats and harnesses it'll feel like the real deal

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
New shiny Helmet

New helmet AHOY!!!

After 2 years of borrowing my mates one he's wanting it back.
It is a Sparco ES which is the club man class of helmet with a Blue Kite mark.
These are very restricted in there allowance on track days. Eventually I might end up racing so need to cover as much bases as possible.
So red kite marks are the way forward

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/Motor...s/Helmets/Sparco_Pro_Jet_Helmet/1565/193/3492

Got this free

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/Motor...ies/Helmet_Bags/Sparco_Helmet_Bag/1566/0/3483

So £302 all in delivered

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
New race spec oil and DS3000 pads

P1060713.jpg

Also got the Superpro DBM front bush the other day.
I removed the one out of the spare DBM I had and fitted this one.
I'll be fitting this to the car tonight with the Track Density bush from INA/034 Motorsport.
I'm expecting some pretty bad vibrations but we'll see

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Coming on leaps and bounds Willie. I am glad your not trying to rush things and planning well.