Most expensive sticker ever!!

DSCF2259.jpg

DSCF2258.jpg

DSCF2257.jpg

DSCF2256.jpg

DSCF2255.jpg

DSCF2260.jpg

Helmet and bag arrived today, good service from Demon Tweeks

The helmet bag was bought as before I used to wrap the helmet in a hooded top to keep it safe.
The ES one is the old one and the new one has the red sticker which is quite possibly the most expensive sticker in the world EVA!!!

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
After finding out my INA/034 Motorsport Track Density DBM bushes were no use to me any further I've ordered Powerflex ones from Awesome GTI.
Really pissed off as I had power flex old ones hanging about but binned these as didn't think I'd need these any more.

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
I had my first track day post remap yesterday, unfortunately the out look was rain all day. Also this would be my first one running 4 x R888's.
Litterally the track was awash with water so caution was to be excercised.
Before the day I finally picked up my Forge MAP pipe, I removed the OEM one and got a new sensor from Seremotors. Unfortunately the sensor didn't fit as i didn't have the adaptor :(. So the OEM one was refitted.
On the way down to KH I twice popped a boost hose, thankfully I was tooled up for this.
Looking at the track entrants there was the usual Elises and Exiges, goody :). I had already been up against a supercharged 210bhp Exige we running OEM map so knew they were not big deal even then on the straights and the rain this time was going to be a great leveler. Also noted an E46 M3 CSL, wow what a car for a track, imagine having such a fast car for the track, lol.
So one the track the car was feeling much more alive, very controlable and much faster too.
The came the CSL.
I saw him coming up behind me and never one to shy away from a challange I slowed to get him right behind me then went for it. He was running Michelin PS3's so shouldn't have been too bad for traction. There seemed to be a little difference but its always difficult to tell with someone behind you, so I let him passed. With him infront it was obvious that but cars were very similarly matched, me faster up to 90 with him gaining only after this speed, with on KH your not at for long. After a 2 laps hes was forced to conceed, lol. A £60,000 super/sports car pulling over to let a remapped 104,000 mile LCR past, I did laugh.
The onto the Honda VTEC Supercharged Elise, without boring you with details basically same story, no match in the wet.
I'm really looking forward to meeting both of these cars again in the dry, then we'll really see the true difference. We were all limited by the same conditions so would doubt the outcome to be any different.
All in all an awesome day out. The car felt great, tyres were nit nearly as bad as feared and showed others that a stripoed and mapped LCR is a good prospect for a track car.
As usual I have learned more about further mods to my car from this day. The INA mounts need changing out for a proper mounting solution. The DS3000's were very very good but seem hyper aggressive to the discs.
I'll be stripping and rebuilding the suspensionbefore the next day with new top mounts and bearings.
I'veordered and will be fitting a Mocal oil cooler with 10w 60 Millers oil and will send my NIME controller back to get updated prior to retrying this. If this doesn't work i'll look into either slim line fans or a new OEM fan set up.
I don't think just now I need any further map tweeks. I'll fit the Forge map pipe and fill up with VPower and Millers CVL Octane Booster. This completely solved my knock issue so there might be more to cime from my set up.
Interesting I was told at the Shell garage beside KH that Shell is about to release a newly formulated VPower. We'll see how this new one performs.

Al

Aug 29, 2005
I can vouch for the above given that I was passenger for most of it apart from a few laps at the wheel myself. Awesome motor :yes:

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Nice one Willie, bet CSL guy's face was a picture.
Surprisingly he didn't say anything about it, lol. I did get a few positive comments on the car, how it was going and the exhaust noise. None of the Elise or Exige guys spoke to me though. TBH I always thought of these as the ultimate track weapon, little did I know I already own it :)

Jun 4, 2007
Aberdeen
sounds good lad. If you had given me a buzz you could have had my adapter for map. My forge pipe is under bed awaiting fitting with rest of intercooler but who were you to know. Was tempted to come and watch but seen the rain and wasnt sure if you still went.

wild willy

Aug 4, 2003
Wales
I so enjoy reading about your updates Willie.:)
Great to hear the remap is doing the business too. Well done.
I always thought the CSL and Lotus were the ultimate track cars its great to know that with the right mods the LCR can be in the same league.

CupraMVR

Awesome GTi Technician
Oct 19, 2006
Crewe Cheshire
Great stuff willie always a good read on here, and is truly an under rated track weapon, i think with a diff in mine it would be amazing

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.