RobDon

Pro Detailer
Surprisingly he didn't say anything about it, lol. I did get a few positive comments on the car, how it was going and the exhaust noise. None of the Elise or Exige guys spoke to me though. TBH I always thought of these as the ultimate track weapon, little did I know I already own it :)

I always found EVO and Scooby owners generally ok on trackdays, Lotus owners are stuck right up themselves, they can't stand being overhauled by 'cheap hatchbacks', which makes it alot of fun when you pass them ... lol!

Sounds like your car is going well Willie.

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
good stuff willie, always good to hear a hot hatch (all be it modded) doing well against well sorted expensive motors! ;)
Yup, it surprised me but plesantly

sounds good lad. If you had given me a buzz you could have had my adapter for map. My forge pipe is under bed awaiting fitting with rest of intercooler but who were you to know. Was tempted to come and watch but seen the rain and wasnt sure if you still went.
I've got one now.
I'm nae feard by a bit of rain.
If people don't use the track days then people will stop arranging them.
This one needed 45 people to break even, they got 25 with 1 Impreza!!!
Poor show by the Scooby guys

I so enjoy reading about your updates Willie.:)
Great to hear the remap is doing the business too. Well done.
I always thought the CSL and Lotus were the ultimate track cars its great to know that with the right mods the LCR can be in the same league.
Yup, it doesn't take much to sort out the LCR but it's not cheap

Great stuff willie always a good read on here, and is truly an under rated track weapon, i think with a diff in mine it would be amazing
It would be for sure

Was that the one with the placcy windows? And stripped as hell inside? Good to hear you had a good outing at the weekend, and kept it shiny side up :)
Na full road going dress.
Shiney side up with no wipe outs.
Loads of arse out action but managed to keep it on the black stuff.
Saved heaps of potential spins too so always learning :)

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Really wet!!

Thanks to John Stewart for taking these pictures

sidc-2144.jpg

In the above one I'm racing the E46 M3 CSL and waiting for him to move his ass out of the hair pin, we did laugh as he was seen to be MILES behind very quickly

sidc-2338.jpg

sidc-1883.jpg

sidc-1870.jpg

sidc-1858.jpg

sidc-1845.jpg

sidc-1828.jpg

sidc-1901.jpg

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
TBH there almost as light as you get in 18"
My mate has Pro Race 1.2's, there only 1Kg lighter at most
The only other ones I'd go for is the Rota Force's like you have and TBH a cage, seats and harnesses are higher up the list just now.
I have a set of Innovate wheels for my winter tyres.
These are light but with the spacers needed to fit these there back to the OEM LCR wheel weights

Indy

MK1 LC Red Devil :)
Sep 8, 2005
Uxbridge
To be precise (sort of) Pro Race 1.2's 9KG and LCR 11Kg

I've sort of gone the opposite way in the sense that I'm using 17" alloys which weigh 6.9KG and my theory is less rotational mass and quicker pick.

RobDon

Pro Detailer
With lighter wheels comes more wheelspin though, but on a circuit you should find sharper turn in, lighter steering and quicker direction change, plus less rotational mass. The OZ Alleggerita are even lighter than the 1.2's in 18" but are uber expensive.

9kg Vs 11ks = 8kgs in total, 17lbs heavier overall. That's like removing 8 bags of sugar from your car, 8 bags of sugar is pretty heavy, especially if you're all about running light.

Last edited:

Indy

Sep 8, 2005
Uxbridge
Bill's running 17's on his Badger wagon.

I guess you can think of buying new alloys after you've used your R888 unless someone buys them of you.

Indy

Sep 8, 2005
Uxbridge
Exactly, 1.2's are just under 9 Kgs and OEM LCR wheels are 9.5 Kgs.

As Indy, I'll be going 17" alloys when I get around to it.

But cage, seats and harnesses will be far more beneficial for the £'s spent just now

And an adjustable camber kit :drool:

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
Exactly, 1.2's are just under 9 Kgs and OEM LCR wheels are 9.5 Kgs.

As Indy, I'll be going 17" alloys when I get around to it.

But cage, seats and harnesses will be far more beneficial for the £'s spent just now

I thought a LCR wheel was 10.5-11kg?

Not a great saving but still could be 8kg of unsprung weight saved.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.