Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
RIP's LCR

Well its been emotional but needs must and the car cannot stay and allow me to buy the house I want.
SO.......
Next month this car will be broken.
For a few days I felt pretty sad, but yesterday I saw a Nobel M12.
I've always loved these so now know in the future I will be back in a decent track car.

I have learned a HUGE amount from the SCN guys, I've had very little issues with anyone on here.
I met a few of you and call a few of you my friends.

Next month the car will be in bits and the end of a long and fun story.

Jun 23, 2011
Inverurie
sucks dude! , least you have plans for the future and will get stuck into another car when the times right :)

ill prob have a look at your bits when you split :) , nice and local ;P .... tis a shame you cant just put the project on hold :/

Last edited:

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Shame to break the car great car mate u had done a great job with it

Matt
Thank Matt.
The legacy will be left to the SCN guy with my leaqrnings and my mistakes.

sucks dude! , least you have plans for the future and will get stuck into another car when the times right :)

ill prob have a look at your bits when you split :) , nice and local ;P

Yeah no bother.
I will not discuss the sale of any bits on here.
Like I said this will not be broken for a month at least.

robertj

weight is the enemy
Sorry to hear this Willie but I know all too well how the cards we get dealt can throw our lives into disarray very easily. Like you say, life goes on and who knows what the future holds.
I would suggest sticking a picture of that Noble on your fridge door! All the best.

wild willy

Aug 4, 2003
Wales
So sad to read this Willie :cry:. Great car and a major source of inspiration for LCR modding, was sooo looking forward to you taking it to the next level. Good luck with your future plans and call back on here now and again. :)
Your readers ride is indeed a legacy.

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Sorry to hear this Willie but I know all too well how the cards we get dealt can throw our lives into disarray very easily. Like you say, life goes on and who knows what the future holds.
I would suggest sticking a picture of that Noble on your fridge door! All the best.

So sad to read this Willie :cry:. Great car and a major source of inspiration for LCR modding, was sooo looking forward to you taking it to the next level. Good luck with your future plans and call back on here now and again. :)
Your readers ride is indeed a legacy.

Sad to hear this Wullie! Don't worry about the battery! It turns out I can use it anyway ;) Will speak to you about it soon!

Sorry to hear this Willie, hope it all works out for u.
Thank you guys, it really means a lot to me for you to say these things.
I came on SCN with little clue about cars and I'm leaving with a good knowledge of the 1.8T and its running gear.

The LCR is fundamentally flawed with having a very basic rear end suspension set up. Had this have been different I would have fought a lot harder to allow me to keep this car. To be able to use the bigger power planned for this car I would have had to cut and shut a independantly rear suspened car with this one.
Handling has always been more of my game than out and out straight line speed.
I know very little about the Nobel just now but its one of the cars that would be on my short list purely through looks and rarity.

SCN is a great resource but it does need you guys to keep doing the research, keeping trying new things and keep pushing the limits. But most of all get it on here to allow others to benefit.

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Another good man down :( Bad news bud. Sorry to read this :(

Yip, seems to be popular just now but means you guys that are standing firm get good deals and lots of second hand parts going about.
I was collecting parts considering that I was going to start racing soon but not anymore.

As a very great actor once said, "I'll be back"

EL

Forever Alive
Mar 17, 2008
Bickley, Bromley
Good luck with the plans buddy. Sure it will all work out for the good for you. Shame to hear about the car but know you will be back with vengeance. Noble M12 ............drrrrrrrrrrooooooooooooooooooolllll. Absolutely love those cars even though I have never been in one

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Good luck with the plans buddy. Sure it will all work out for the good for you. Shame to hear about the car but know you will be back with vengeance. Noble M12 ............drrrrrrrrrrooooooooooooooooooolllll. Absolutely love those cars even though I have never been in one

Thanks El, I've never been in one either but drrrroooooolllll.
It's a long way away but looking forward to track car shopping with the knowledge I've amassed on here :)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members