LCR - mystery vibration...

6th.replicant

May 29, 2008
London
Hard to say as we are not there. Do you feel it through the floor or steering wheel? Or both? Does it go into gear ok? Could be flywheel vibration if shafts are ok

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
I was referring to my post of last Friday:
“This morning I drove four comparison ‘laps’ around the Hanger Lane gyratory (which is basically a very large roundabout).
I entered the corners at the same speed in-gear and then on the next lap in neutral - when in-gear the vibrating / groaning noise is ever present; when in neutral there’s *no* noise.
Could it be the diff?”

Gokiwi64

Geriatric Member
Apr 26, 2014
Hockley, Essex
In all honesty there are just far too many variables to come to a reasonable conclusion using a forum such as this , unless you fluke someone who has had exactly the same problem and has a diagnosis for it.

Reactions: Andrewwright

Andrewwright

Turbo lover
Aug 16, 2016
Peterborough
Took the car to another garage, Charmrace.com, for a 2nd opinion...
Replaced exhaust brackets and hangers.
Problem solved.
Cost? One-hour labour.
:)
This wasn't checked by the first garage? My god they are crap as this is a normal checking point, I thought this had already been done. Nice cheap fix... result!!

BadBoy03

A Mk1 Is For Life, Not Just For Fun
Sep 6, 2016
Somerset
Took the car to another garage, Charmrace.com, for a 2nd opinion...
Replaced exhaust brackets and hangers.
Problem solved.
Cost? One-hour labour.
:)

I was going to suggest this as our car had a mystery noise & after checking all the obvious it turned out to be the exhaust bracket. Thought they would have found this on closer inspection before now. Glad things are quieter now.

Reactions: Andrewwright

Andrewwright

Turbo lover
Aug 16, 2016
Peterborough
I was going to suggest this as our car had a mystery noise & after checking all the obvious it turned out to be the exhaust bracket. Thought they would have found this on closer inspection before now. Glad things are quieter now.
Obvious things should be checked first tbh.