Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store.

LCR replica help

Discussion in 'Leon Mk1 (2000-2006)' started by L5NTN, Jan 2, 2013.

1. L5NTN

L5NTN Active Member

Hi guys

I am just after a little advice if possible. If this is already here i apologise, i have googled it and searched the forum with few reults.

Got lynched last time i asked a question lol .

I have enclosed a picture of my car and was wondering exactly what would be required to make it an LCR replica. The bumpers both have scratches so rather than paint them i would look to replace them.

Do the LCR bumpers bolt straight on?

How do the LCR skirts fix to the car?

Are the spoilers different to my existing one?

Are the wheel tracks different (wider perhaps?)

Is the main centre grille a different size on the LCR? it appears smaller in some pics?

Anything else i may have missed and would need to know, sorry for all the questions.

thanks

Richard
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. CupraRmark

Everythink is bolt on m8 yes but the bumpers can be expensive being second hand complete with grilles the side skirts also just screw on easy inside wheel arch.... You might be better of going lc facelift bumpers they might be cheaper... Then the door strips yours being black would need colour coding etc... But instead of LCR lookalike the facelift way may be better and cheaper and suit your lc better

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

3. L5NTN

L5NTN Active Member

Thanks for the reply.

I wasnt aware they produced a face lift model? How does it differ? Is mine pre face lift i assume?

Thanks

4. Brettyboy

Brettyboy Active Member

There are only 3 types of bumper
    Yours is pre facelift
    If you go on ebay you will see the difference
    Boot spoiler is bigger on facelift

5. daiski

daiski Guest

theres a fella on ebay selling the LCR front /rear and skirts for £350 which is a bargain , but there down south and im not , there also black

6. L5NTN

L5NTN Active Member

Thanks guys.

So on what year did the facelift happen? What changes were made overall to the face lift cars?

Looking on google it appears to be two types of LCR front bumper?

7. Alexis27

Alexis27 Active Member

2003 was the facelift. New front and rear bumpers, side skirts, 17" Starfish alloys, body coloured strips.

Original LC: http://imganuncios.mitula.net/2002_...cambelt_water_pump_serv_96918092468899134.jpg
    LC facelift: http://imganuncios.mitula.net/seat_leon_1_8_20v_t_cupra_hatchback_5d_96635334525559752.jpg
    LCR: http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5178/5465325715_5a0fd2631d_b.jpg

It'll need lowering as well. It'll look very odd high up on LCR 18" wheels.

You're probably looking at at least a grand all in. Looks a nice tidy car as it is IMO.

What model have you got?

#7 Alexis27, Jan 2, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2013
  8. L5NTN

L5NTN Active Member

It is really tidy tbh but the bumpers are just tatty which let it down a bit.

Its a 1.9tdi 110 se.

9. CupraRmark

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sorry for the crap pics but this is my old facelift but the pics was on my pc and just took them with my ipad but you get the idea of the big bumper facelift

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

10. dazjstuart

dazjstuart Active Member

Depends how detailed you are going, wheels and bumpers would make it look pretty much like an LCR. If you are wanting to go the whole hog then you will need a whole lot more, brakes, suspension, black interior etc. LCR bumpers and wheels are expensive compared to the facelift cupra ones, maybe you want to check them out? If you are wanting to do a proper LCR replica with brakes and all then I would say buy an LCR because it will be cheaper!

11. Alexis27

Alexis27 Active Member

12. daiski

daiski Guest

the face lift look as good as the LCR imo , and you could get the front and rear face lift for the price of the LCR front :)
    then audi rs4 lovely

13. Brettyboy

Brettyboy Active Member

No there not a bargain they are fibre glass copies

14. daiski

daiski Guest

nicely spotted !

15. Brettyboy

Brettyboy Active Member

Eye's need to be wide open,if they were genuine they would have been on ebay for about 10mins
    I've got f/lift bumpers & sideskirts to go on mine but seen a few with pre f/lift bumpers flushed off
    so am starting to prefer that look & keeps the cars charactor instead making it something it aint

16. daiski

daiski Guest

any pics of the bumper flushing m8?

17. Brettyboy

Brettyboy Active Member

#17 Brettyboy, Jan 2, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2013
  18. d1n93r

d1n93r Active Member

those ones have been smoothed in. but does look well.

19. L5NTN

L5NTN Active Member

Hi guys.

Thanks for all the information. I wasnt aware the difference of the face lifts and LCR until today lol.

Would the LCR front bumper go staright on my car then? Do the arch liners differ?

Thanks

20. Dezeze

Dezeze Active Member

Mate, my Leon is a 110tdi, with a hell of a lot of work done to it (previous owner was a diesel engineer/genius!)
    It had the LC Fr front and rear bumpers (original) and I got some aftermarket side skirts sprayed and fitted (good fit, poor water drainage!) I've not got around to removing and spraying the bump strips yet, I've considered just removing hem completely (unsure whether their are holes under there somewhere!)
    I have the 18" RS6 alloys fitted and its not lowered, with the 110 the ride is rough enough anyway, lowering it would absolutely destroy the comfort!(doesn't look too bad to be honest)
    I am thinking of fitting spacers to make the car look a bit more aggressive/ planted, maybe 10-15mm front, 15-20mm rear.
    If you need any details of the work done, just ask and I'll put up the details (just so you know what can be done with the 110!)
    Would put up pics, but I'm a computer mong!:)