LCR Running poorly or am I just fussy??

spikeydoo

not such a newbie
May 19, 2006
Somerset
Hi
I've had a hunt about on here & now I'm thoughly confused....I have a 2005 LCR when it's cold seems to run like a pig, boost hesitates & seems splutery, is this just taken as the norm for one of these? Also slight flat spot when pulling away - slight blip of the right pedal normally helps

When it's warm the idle is lumpy, rev's don't move about a lot, but u can feel it thro the seat - also when sitting in traffic the fan seems to cut in, which is normal - but on occassion I have noticed it cuts in for about 4sec's then cuts out - looking at the temp seems like it was still at 90deg - then stop at the next lights & it does exactly the same.

I have had no warning lights or anything like that, the motor is run on super from the supermarket - she does sit about most of the week & gets let loose at weekends...

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as it's off to the dealers for a service in a couple of weeks & I'd like to be able to point them in the right direction - or keep stumm if I'm just being picky??

RickC

BUILT NOT BOUGHT
Dec 23, 2004
Lincoln
could be a few problems,
get it checked with VAG com first,

could be MAF, Coolant temp sensor, (most people upgrade to the new green sensor),

plug the comp into it first tho, even though you have no lights i bet you will have a couple of codes up.

karlosR

TORQUEY, NOISEY V6
Mar 10, 2006
BEDFORD
do you drive around with the climate control turned on? when i do the fan cuts in for a few seconds at a time.

rllmuk

Apr 23, 2005
Mine is very similar when cold. It's very jumpy under any form of acceleration - but once warmed up its normal. I just assumed with the turbo that all LCRs are like this!?

Feb 27, 2007
Behind Wilko
i dont ever use the air-con really although i know you should use it for something like 30mins a week, or was that a day. i just cant make myself push a button that takes power away from an engine and makes it use petrol, so i cant really comment on that side of things but my car runs fine from cold, its never run lumpy since the day i bought it although can be a bit jumpy when trying to go very slow in traffic.

spikeydoo

not such a newbie
May 19, 2006
Somerset
most of the time the aircon is off - & can't remember if it makes any difference?? but i'll give it a try with it on/off & see. vagcom sounds a good option gonna hit fleabay & see whats about

Last edited:

spikeydoo

not such a newbie
May 19, 2006
Somerset
i was looking at one in the US for about the same money, but I'll go with that one tho. looks a deal, thanks

c11rgd

Freshie
Sep 27, 2006
had my 40 k service not too long ago, changed all filters and put in some bosch super 4s

ive been getting a flat spot at around 4k-5k

this is in 6th gear/motorway driving.

really noticed it today esp after 4krevs it was intermittent.

anyone help, im in newbury so if there is anyone near with vagcom it woud help please.

thanks

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.