LCR Scuttle Panel

BHP Addict

Back in a SEAT!!
Jan 31, 2006
Birmingham
I am fitting my boost gauge
I have removed my wipers (eventually) and removed my scuttle panel.

Thing is, from the centre of the car across the passenger side to the passenger a pillar there is black sealer/bond keepong the scuttle panel on thw bottom of the windscreen

From the centre across to the driver a pillar there is nothing????

Is this normal???
Why???

How do i get the scuttle panel bak on, nice and tight to the windscreen all the way across???

Thanks for any help guys

NeilC

Has left the fold...
Mar 23, 2004
somewhere else
Your cars had a replacement windscreen and they've got a bit trigger happy with the sealant would be my guess. If you look at most leons its not tight against the windscreen anyway.
Or do you mean that rubber bit that slots on? It's been a while since i did this.

Last edited:

BHP Addict

Back in a SEAT!!
Jan 31, 2006
Birmingham
theres a plastic strip going along the bottom of the glass.

Then the scuttle panel has a little rubber lip on the top that sits on the glass.

I wasnt made aware of a windscreen change, but that dosnt really bother me.

So it woils be ok if the scuttle panel rubber bit isnt extra tight on the glass???

I mite just run black sealer across the bottom anyway just in case, not alot tho.

NeilC

Has left the fold...
Mar 23, 2004
somewhere else
I think i know what you mean now. I cant remember how far mine goes accross.
If you look at most of em they normally arent tight on the windscreen on the extreme drivers side.
The bit under the scuttle panel is drained towards a hole at the passenger side anyway. I found this out when i didnt put the hose that goes to the windscreen washers on properly.

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
I'm having extreme difficulty in getting my scuttle panel off - and I've had a replacement windscreen.

Can I safely assume it's well stuck and I'm going to have to pull very firmly?

Is the scuttle part a U shape that fits over the bottom of the screen (ie there's no clip section involved) ?

NeilC

Has left the fold...
Mar 23, 2004
somewhere else
Tried taking the passenger side off first? The bit over the pollen filter that goes over under and over the bigger bit to the left may still have some screws in. I think the bit over the pollen filter needs to be removed first, although it looks like it shouldnt be and requires some wiggling.

(the above may be rubbish as i havent seen a leon for a while!)

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
Haha - just solved it.

The scuttle doesn't clip round the bottom of the windscreen.

The metal section is bonded to the bottom of the screen. There is a groove all the way along it at 90 degrees to the screen. The scuttle unclips by being popped up away from the screen at 90 degrees. :thumbup:

Lip along underside of scuttle
P1010005-2.jpg

Groove in metal section on screen.
P1010006-1.jpg

Last edited:

dmmsta

Sold car - bought bike
Feb 10, 2007
Maidstone - Kent
I didn't have to take the scuttle off when I did my Boost Gauge.

Admit it was a bit more fiddley, but just took drivers side wiper arm off, and used the coat hanger trick to get the vac hose thru the gromet on the far left of the drivers side.

Once all installed a good helping of clear silicone to re-seal said gromet, and Roberts ya fathers brother...

Jan 22, 2007
some may say lala land....
bringing to live an old thread alert.

need to do this on weekend to fit heated washer jets.
Looking on etka, i can see it possibly comes in two pieces.

Did it do that for DPJ, if you do recall?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.