LCR Silicone TIP Fitting guide? And which clamp do I need?

nutter_engineer

Feb 16, 2007
Hi, I’ve just ordered a silicone tip and was wondering if there is a fitting guide to help me install it. It looks like a straight forward swap but reading past threads some find it simple, and some have a bit of struggle including shredding hands, etc. Since I’ve not done this before, I thought it would be useful to read up about it. Also, which hose clamps do I need to buy to renew the single-use ones?

J0N

Defected!
You could do with a flexible Clip Driver, you'll really struggle without one and then it's just a straight swap, easy (famous last words lol). Cant remember what size clips you need off hand, try posting in the Forge section or send them a PM.

gazR

CUPRA
Apr 25, 2009
Derbyshire
Hi, I’ve just ordered a silicone tip and was wondering if there is a fitting guide to help me install it. It looks like a straight forward swap but reading past threads some find it simple, and some have a bit of struggle including shredding hands, etc. Since I’ve not done this before, I thought it would be useful to read up about it. Also, which hose clamps do I need to buy to renew the single-use ones?

fitted mine today its suprising easy looks wrse than it is, even the jubalee clip on the turbo was straight off with no need for a flexible driver and no ripped hands :funk: did help reading up on here first though. :worship:

Jul 29, 2006
cumbria
www.facebook.com
Wish i'd have read ALL of this thread,fitted mine last night,didn't notice the part about moving the water pipe,:censored: half hr later and using a hammer handle to prise the tip down past that damn pesky water pipe and it was done.:clap:

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.