LCR stutters at low revs

Duckyyst

Nov 29, 2016
Any help why my LCR has started stuttering at low revs and like it loses power for a few seconds?
Say I'm in second gear low revs and go to accelerate some times it has a big stutter/loss of power, I throttle of or change gear it clears,
If I plant my foot there's a delay and then gets a pop out the exhaust?
All input welcome!
Cheers,
Jack

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Duckyyst

Nov 29, 2016
Pcv been removed with catch tank, no faults showing

Duckyyst

Nov 29, 2016
Can now fully won't start, came to a holt like it was out of fuel :(

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
Hi again mate.

First of all is the cambelt ok? It's easy enough to remove the top plastic cover to have a look, if that is fine then the fuel pump would be the first suspect for me.

If that was failing, then that would cause the hesitation and popping you had in your first post. All the times that you said it was happening are the times of highest fuel demand on the pump.

Obviously if it's totally failed now, then that would be like running out of fuel too. Can you hear it prime when you open the drivers door after unlocking the car?

Edit: the fuel pump relay could also be the cause, but the popping and hesitation would definitely make me think the pump rather than the relay.

Last edited:

Duckyyst

Nov 29, 2016
Yeah can hear it priming, changed fuel filter today and it was full of fuel so to me sounds like it's working

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
Not that i'm aware of buddy, i've never owned the LCR but i'm 99.9% sure its a belt on every 1.8t engine,

Duckyyst

Nov 29, 2016
Haha my bad! I genuinely had a picture of my old bmw engine in my head

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
No worries, i'd check the belt and then if thats ok i would still suspect the pump. Maybe its priming etc but can't provide the pressure needed for the injectors? ...... Would definitely suspect fuel or timing given the issues.

Duckyyst

Nov 29, 2016
I've also got a wire coming off the harness of injector 4 that goes through to the bulk head? Can't see it on any other engines I've seen ?

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
That's pretty strange, there shouldn't be any wire going through there on a standard car. I can't imagine why anyone would want to install one. You'll have to put some pics up mate. Start a new thread on the main page for it, this is the FAQ's. You need to use the "start new thread" box at the bottom of the main forum page, not the top box. I'm not sure why they designed the layout like that as nearly everyone has made the same mistake

Duckyyst

Nov 29, 2016
Sorted!!!! Looked at the fuel pump and it has blew a pipe of ! Thewwww easy fix!

Duckyyst

Nov 29, 2016
Thank god! Still got stuttering when it's under quarter of a tank tho

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members