LCR Suspension on a Toledo??

G223

Dec 6, 2007
Hi guys, any idea if LCR suspension would cope on a 110tdi Toledo or just flop down due to the added weight??

Feb 26, 2009
Wolverhampton
It wouldn't just 'flop down', the extra weight of the diesel lump on the front and the boot on the back would make the dampers work extremely hard and result in an awful ride.

Andres20vt

And as for a 1.8 20VT Tolly? Will it sit correctly? As i'm about to buy them off an '03 LCR which to my knowloedge they're Eibach Pro Kit's and lowers about an inch.

Feb 26, 2009
Wolverhampton
And as for a 1.8 20VT Tolly? Will it sit correctly? As i'm about to buy them off an '03 LCR which to my knowloedge they're Eibach Pro Kit's and lowers about an inch.

I believe the LCR is a 1.8 20v at its heart, albeit with a bit of extra plumbing? So you should be fine for the front end, but the Toledo has got a whole lot more metal sitting behind the rear wheels. So not quite as bad as a diesel, but still potentially a bit 'squirmy'.

Andres20vt

I believe the LCR is a 1.8 20v at its heart, albeit with a bit of extra plumbing? So you should be fine for the front end, but the Toledo has got a whole lot more metal sitting behind the rear wheels. So not quite as bad as a diesel, but still potentially a bit 'squirmy'.

Thanks a lot for the answer, i shall post photos when everything's all set.

djscouse

ahhh my tolly sits about an inch lower at front but sits more at back.....i've mentioned this before because it sits lower than any tolly av seen... :)

djscouse

not sure mate...me tolly was already slammed when i bought it.......

thinkin it may well be leon springs on the rear and with extra weight of boot and me sounds its sittin lower than the leon would

i'll need to get some decent pics up of it as well as full spec list ;)

Andres20vt

Well, i finally mounted the LCR suspension on the Tolly. This includes the springs + dampers. The final height reduced from 4 fingers to just 3 on the front and from 3 fingers to 2 on the rears. Pretty much nothing.

No biggie but the car definitely feels much better. The curious thing here is, the LCR weights more than the Tolly, how can this be?

By the way, the Tolly sits fine on the rear compared to the front, not noticeable at all. I'll post a picture as i get my camera back.

Cheers.

Feb 26, 2009
Wolverhampton
The curious thing here is, the LCR weights more than the Tolly, how can this be?

Are you sure? The Tolly is a bigger, stiffer car, how can the LCR be heavier?

Edit: A thousand apologies, its 60kg heavier, at 1376 compared to 1316 for the Tolly! you learn something new every day!!

Interestingly, the Tolly V5 170 is 5 kilos lighter than the 1.8 20vt! OK, now I'm totally flummoxed!

(oh yeah, and the 110 TDi Toledo appears to be 1271 KG, so for some very bizarre reason the diesels are lighter than the petrols. Figure that one out if you can!)

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2009
Wolverhampton
I have a mag review which officially, the Tolly 1.8 20VT is at 1,223kgs. Odd, huh!

I have to admit, my source for the numbers I quoted was Parkers, and they have been very wrong in the past. I had a 1.6 Astra that could do 0-60 in 6.8 seconds, apparently. (In real life it struggled to even get to 60!)

djscouse

i don't know what springs are on mine but i've got about a finger at a squeeze all round

i'll get pics up soon as i get me camera back

Andres20vt

How did you mount the front ARB?

Did nothing else except for exchanging Dampers+Springs. Everything seems and feels right.

If you check ETKA, they only exchange dampers for the sporty ones, though the sport dampers have a sort of extra-holding to the ARB, but i did not setup that part, left it as is :rolleyes:

Edit: BTW, i'm selling it already. I'd rather go with the FK Streetline coilover system. D'oh.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
If you mounted LCR dampers to Toledo ARB then I am wondering if you had LCR dampers... the mounts are not the same (and the ARB isn't the same IIRC)

I mean - they're not interchangeable.

Justin R

Sep 21, 2009
Do you have a before and after picture? I have been looking into this for a while and i'm strongly siding with the Koni str.t street kit which is just under £300.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise