LCR. This FMIC?

jamfull

Feb 6, 2011
Going to be buying that one soon posted by RDS. seems to be the popular choice on Audi sport net too with the s3 boys.

Jamie225

Dec 16, 2009
Leicester

sambryant

RoadRunner meep meep
Mar 26, 2009
Bristol
Stage one will benifit massively from the intercooler, same as a stock map. I get no extra lag from this cooler. Also as this is my 3rd intercooler on my lcr, this hands down is by far the best cooler i have tried. This includes my expensive apexi cooler. On a power run on the road i see less than 5 degree rise in temps even at stage 2. Results show i made 15ftlb more over my apexi and this was done on a 15 degrees warmer day :).
I have fog lights but they are mini fogs, they still look oem. I bought these so that i could keep fog lights while i was running my tx autosport fmic( first cooler) the pipe work with this cooler runs right in the way of the fogs so i needed smaller ones. With my current setup now oem fogs will fit :)
Hope that helps a little.

Cupra Grant

Aug 14, 2011
Where did you get your mini fogs from Sam. I have a tx kit and have. Been looking all over for some

Jamie225

Dec 16, 2009
Leicester
Stage one will benifit massively from the intercooler, same as a stock map. I get no extra lag from this cooler. Also as this is my 3rd intercooler on my lcr, this hands down is by far the best cooler i have tried. This includes my expensive apexi cooler. On a power run on the road i see less than 5 degree rise in temps even at stage 2. Results show i made 15ftlb more over my apexi and this was done on a 15 degrees warmer day :).
I have fog lights but they are mini fogs, they still look oem. I bought these so that i could keep fog lights while i was running my tx autosport fmic( first cooler) the pipe work with this cooler runs right in the way of the fogs so i needed smaller ones. With my current setup now oem fogs will fit :)
Hope that helps a little.

Thanks Sam that helps a lot. I going to get it ordered ASAP. Which piping did you get for it? I want to get beaded stuff. Am I right that I won't need any reducers with this cooler?

Chrissy20vt

Nov 2, 2009
Thanks Sam that helps a lot. I going to get it ordered ASAP. Which piping did you get for it? I want to get beaded stuff. Am I right that I won't need any reducers with this cooler?

The in/outlets are 70mm IIRC, the LCR pipework is ALL 63mm/2.5" So reducers would be needed off of the cooler and into the cooler,

For the record, Sam has done a few FMIC's, but he will tell you that this one wont fit between the crashbar & rad without modification,

The one you mention in you initial post, the Type H cooler, (225mm high / 63mm thick) once up between the crashbar & rad is the absolute thickest core that will fit up there, even they foul once pushed right up.

I have fitted pleanty, and unless the cars I work on are different from 'normal' LCR's, the 'Bigger' core will need the car butchered mildly.

Chrissy

sambryant

RoadRunner meep meep
Mar 26, 2009
Bristol
Chrissy the cooler i have and the one in the link has 63mm inlets :) so no reducers needed. They do two coolers at 600x300x76 1 has 76mm inlets the other has 63mm inlets (like mine)
The crash bar or cross beams will need cutting to fit this monster but its 100% worth it.

sambryant

RoadRunner meep meep
Mar 26, 2009
Bristol
Well i had to cut around 60mm all the way along. If i was to do it again i would cut the cross beams instead. 2 reasons, 1 the cooler will sit further back giving more room to fit fogs and less bumper to cut. 2 its less work as cutting the crash bar is not easy.
The strength does not bother me, the intercooler is more solid than the crash bar. Even with the new amd cooler kit you still need to cut the cross beams so its not a problem :)

Jamie225

Dec 16, 2009
Leicester
Well i had to cut around 60mm all the way along. If i was to do it again i would cut the cross beams instead. 2 reasons, 1 the cooler will sit further back giving more room to fit fogs and less bumper to cut. 2 its less work as cutting the crash bar is not easy.
The strength does not bother me, the intercooler is more solid than the crash bar. Even with the new amd cooler kit you still need to cut the cross beams so its not a problem :)

Sweet where did you get your pipe work from mate?

Jamie225

Dec 16, 2009
Leicester
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members