LCR track car build

Bigford11

Jan 19, 2019
London
I had the leon on the road for a few years than it just sat about. I have always eased some thing. Rc cars. Banger racing
Etc. Then the saxo I built and developed. Now I wanna go faster lol. So with a lot of input from different suppliers and people on here it should be quiet the car when done

Yea from what iv read the leon are a really good little race car when there finished. :)

Reactions: Manic172

Bigford11

Jan 19, 2019
London
I had the leon on the road for a few years than it just sat about. I have always eased some thing. Rc cars. Banger racing
Etc. Then the saxo I built and developed. Now I wanna go faster lol. So with a lot of input from different suppliers and people on here it should be quiet the car when done

Yea from what iv read the leon are a really good little race car when there finished. :)

Bigford11

Jan 19, 2019
London
Has anyone looking into or installed aftermarket ECU's?

I know little to nothing about them and I'm intrigued as from my knowledge they give you a great deal of options and tweeking possibilities

Bigford11

Jan 19, 2019
London
Ahh ok cool, what are the main advantages of installing one and whats the cost of the kit, install and map uploads etc?

vwtrev

Flying Banana
Oct 29, 2015
Essex, united kingdom
Yep for the money they make a great Track car, my main aim was to build a reliable car that could keep with (atleast) more expensive machinery, and it's doing that nicely now, although I've spent far more than I ever planed too

Bigford11

Jan 19, 2019
London
Yep for the money they make a great Track car, my main aim was to build a reliable car that could keep with (atleast) more expensive machinery, and it's doing that nicely now, although I've spent far more than I ever planed too

Haha always gonna spend more that originally planned.

What track do you usually race?

vwtrev

Flying Banana
Oct 29, 2015
Essex, united kingdom
Brands is local so been there quite a lot, Love Snetterton but it don't love me (just have bad luck there at times, with car issues), I like Thruxton but is a bit of a drive to get to.

Bigford11

Jan 19, 2019
London
Brands is local so been there quite a lot, Love Snetterton but it don't love me (just have bad luck there at times, with car issues), I like Thruxton but is a bit of a drive to get to.

Ahh ok, I'm heading up to Cadwell Pack in a couple weeks time (only as that's the only novice day i can find in June), but those are the two tracks which i think ill be spending most of my time at :)

Excluding the issues at Snetterton, how do you find it? hard? easy? etc

Also how long have you been racing?

Gokiwi64

Geriatric Member
Apr 26, 2014
Hockley, Essex
Snett is scary fast on the bike , no idea about the car , yes like Brands (apart from Druids). Thruxton coming off the straight where the grandstands are protected by the 30 foot fence always catches me out

Gokiwi64

Geriatric Member
Apr 26, 2014
Hockley, Essex
Druids is the right hand bend before the final straight to the line right?

Nope - Druids is the hairpin at the top of the hill -

Brands-HatchGP03.dfff6c704a8dbd267ca6dbe881f4c14b.png

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise