LCR track car build

Leon20vt4

Oct 21, 2018
Looks top-notch mate! what paint did you use?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deleted member 103408

Looking forward to seeing that, pain to keep clean but looks good against the dark car.

Bigford11

Jan 19, 2019
London
Looks top-notch mate! what paint did you use?

I used a company called Xtremeautos in Ireland of all places haha. They were really helpful and made the color i requested which was awesome.

Ill link their ebay page :)

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/391111672292

It was really good value as well, paid £45.57 for the three cans of paint and you get 3 cans of lacquer included.

Free postage and it only took a few days to arrive.

Couldn't ask anymore of them if I'm honest.

Bigford11

Jan 19, 2019
London
So this is the only decent shot i managed to get last night as it was dark :(

Ill get some more up once its been cleaned :)

Suspensions still need to settle as well haha.

IMG_2225.jpg

Bigford11

Jan 19, 2019
London
Sup people,

so iv just bought the final piece of the puzzle for the gauges in the LCR

upload_2019-10-11_9-6-16.png

Basically just a housing for the water temp sensor, I know i have to instal this housing in the radiator piping, had a look last night and i think i know where i want to put it but not sure its the best place haha.

Any one done this? any advise?

Thanks

Bigford11

Jan 19, 2019
London
Also another random one, does anyone know the size of the center caps on the OEM rims

I believe they are 55mm but just wonna check if anyone knows before i order

Leon20vt4

Oct 21, 2018
Sup people,

so iv just bought the final piece of the puzzle for the gauges in the LCR

View attachment 10506

Basically just a housing for the water temp sensor, I know i have to instal this housing in the radiator piping, had a look last night and i think i know where i want to put it but not sure its the best place haha.

Any one done this? any advise?

Thanks

I think you’ll see slightly different readings when you put it before the water goes to the engine , or after the engine when it’s on it’s way back to the radiator... just food for thought

Bigford11

Jan 19, 2019
London
I think you’ll see slightly different readings when you put it before the water goes to the engine , or after the engine when it’s on it’s way back to the radiator... just food for thought

Didnt not consider that haha, which would you suggest haha?

Leon20vt4

Oct 21, 2018
I personally would put it after the engine block before the radiator in any of the pipes that are on the return line.

To verify my opinion I decided to do a little GoogleFu Here’s what I found...

a88b101ebc6ba3908b066455601b2a93.jpg

Bigford11

Jan 19, 2019
London
Ok brilliant, i think we are thinking of the same place haha.

Could you copy and paste that link to that website you found this, just so i can double check :)

Bigford11

Jan 19, 2019
London
Hi all,

Recently bought a crappy ford mondeo estate just to tow the LCR about for track days etc and its got a heated from windscreen which is brilliant haha.

Anyone know if you can get one of the LCR or an aftermarket add on/product which might work in the same way?

Thanks

Bigford11

Jan 19, 2019
London
so, Forge FMIC.

Am i right in saying that you need a different crash bar to fit a forge FMIC? because when i looked at airtec it states that you can fit it to the OEM crash bar but when looking at the forge once i seem to come with a new crash bar?

Just as i know someone selling a Forge FMIC but he has said that it dosnt come with the crash bar???

Any know anything on this?

Leon20vt4

Oct 21, 2018
so, Forge FMIC.

Am i right in saying that you need a different crash bar to fit a forge FMIC? because when i looked at airtec it states that you can fit it to the OEM crash bar but when looking at the forge once i seem to come with a new crash bar?

Just as i know someone selling a Forge FMIC but he has said that it dosnt come with the crash bar???

Any know anything on this?
I think I read somewhere you can make it fit by cutting the stock crashbar

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: bigT's lcr

bigT's lcr

Delete. Beat. Repeat...
Feb 27, 2016
Leeds
Yes you need an adjusted crash bar with the big forge one. Or cut your original one to fit. How much is it out of interest? Got mine dirt cheap but was cracked lol. I dont think forge sell them anymore

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.