Lcr vs Fiesta ST on top gear

.oOIOo.

Nov 26, 2004
spaniels fr said:
Just been watching Fifth Gear and the Fiesta ST beet the LCR around the Anglsea race track by nearly 3 seconds. Bit dissapointing :lol:

was it wet when the leon went round?

chiefsilverback

Terrible thing a poo poo!
Mar 21, 2005
RTW, Kent
spaniels fr said:
Just been watching Fifth Gear and the Fiesta ST beet the LCR around the Anglsea race track by nearly 3 seconds. Bit dissapointing :lol:

It was actually .61 seconds: http://fifthgear.five.tv/jsp/5gmain.jsp?lnk=401&featureid=89&pageid=180&show=s8e4&section=Shootout

It would be incredibly interesting to see Tiff and VBH go head-to-head. She always looks like quite a 'sloppy' driver when you see in car footage, just one hand on the steering wheel etc...

I did like just how sideways Tiff got the ST!

Stevo1

May 21, 2004
St Ives, Cambs
True, I think VBH looks sloppy behind the wheel too. I know people can quote how successful she's been but she just doesn't look a patch on Tiff round a track. Yes, she can hold powerslides and show off, but when shes doing her "quick" laps, it just doesn't look anywhere near as "quick" as the car can go.

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
depends on track,

If you look in Car and track car. The LCR beats the Clio 182, the CTR, the Focus Rs and the new Golf GTi around the track.

Plus who was driving the cars, what was the track temp, I bet it was'nt plato driving the LCR round their track, that would have made a differnece would'nt it.

Horses for course springs to mind.

YerMother

comes and goes
Sep 22, 2004
East Midlands Drives: Scirocco GT
Stevo1 said:
True, I think VBH looks sloppy behind the wheel too. I know people can quote how successful she's been but she just doesn't look a patch on Tiff round a track. Yes, she can hold powerslides and show off, but when shes doing her "quick" laps, it just doesn't look anywhere near as "quick" as the car can go.
If you compare Tiff's and VBH's time in the 911 Tiff is over a second quicker than her!

DIFT said:
And a mini cooper s convertable is quicker than the new cayman s?

Pretty sure it was just quicker than the Cayenne S, not Cayman S. Slight difference there.......... :rolleyes:

The other thing to note is that typically the later cars run during the series will pick up time due to 2 things, 1) the drivers learning eactly where and how to cut / align corners, and 2) the track actually getting quicker from the use. Look at the Top Gear track times which have fallen by 10% as the series progresses, mostly due to lots of sticky rubber being layed down on the air field, but also due to how much cutting of corners goes on now. (in early series the stig never had more than half a tyre off the track, now on the final 2 corners he's got virtually the whole car off the track.

In summary i woudn't get to excited about lap times for road cars, bit of fun but no meaningful comparison unless driven by the same driver on the same day etc etc

Triple D

chiefsilverback said:
It was actually .61 seconds:

Sorry, looked like more when i saw it on the tely because of the difference in overall posistion on the table.

Neil82

Nov 25, 2001
Visit site
mark sheerin said:
Which shows how the leaderboard can mislead....
different days can vary so much in laptimes...by four seconds easily even with identical cars

Doubt it unless the conditions were totally different, 4 secs is a MASSIVE difference on a track.

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
lmao, same here.its her voice more than anything for me.foxy little thing in the flesh

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
no really, in the flesh she looks like a scaggy old woman.

sorry, but once you get past the fact that she's pretty small, would make jason look like the green giant and can drive - she's not *that* nice.

and she sounds like she's eaten a box of nails.