1. Hi Guest. If you're not subscribing to us on YouTube yet, you're missing out on car news and reviews. Subscribe to our channel to get notified when we post new videos.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store. and are now half price.

Lcr vs Fiesta ST on top gear

Discussion in 'Leon Mk1 (2000-2006)' started by Triple D, Oct 31, 2005.

1. YerMother

YerMother comes and goes

By the time you got the TDI chipped you may have just bought a LCR in the first place! ;)

2. Triple D

Triple D Guest

:D She wouldn't have to ask me twice, :bleh:

3. slim_boy_fat

slim_boy_fat Guest

You clearly still have issues regarding the lack of performance of the LCR, and the relative possetion of performance by the humble Ibiza TDI when chipped.

A chipped LCR definatly is quicker but not by much and on the road probably not by anything. Been there done it read the fecking book, bought the tee shirt, rented the film, got the DVD as a present, looked at the Mpeg on the iternet wrote about it in SCN.

I am sure i have read somewhere that a chipped vRS Fabia has done sub 15s 1/4 miles.

Anyway who cares low 14s 1/4 is still fecking slow as a week in the jail..

4. Ben CTR

Ben CTR Still Part Of VAG

If you say so mate....
    Just cause you've gone out and bought an old shitter of a Porshe that's got a worse power/weight than a Revo'd LCR by some way. Where does that last comment show any sense... A chipped vRS may creep into the 15's @ about 88-90mph. That is a long way short of low 14's at terminals of close to 100mph, especially on the road, BELIEVE ME. If you knew anything about 1/4 racing you'd know that......

5. GreyKnight

Play nice fellas ;) No need for this to degrade into a slanging match...

6. warren_cox

warren_cox Back from the dead

With the greatest of respect, and looking at the bigger picture, how fast 2 boxes of metal can be self propelled down a strip of regulated tarmac is fairly immaterial and as Greyknight says nothing to get upset about. Always good for a bit of debate, but theres no need to get defensive over numbers.

The Leon Cupra / R is a quick car, but by todays engine technology standards its looking far less impressive than it did five/three years ago. The Ibiza FR TDi 130PD (Revo'd) I had back in April could keep up with standard S3's until it ran out of puff at 100ish and they kept going. This was on the fly. However from standing starts the car wasn't as quick as traction was a major issue. You only need to look at the manufacturers 0-60 times to see that the TDi's don't have the sprint speed. That said they are highly impressive by the nature of where they have come from.

I've owned 2 LCR's from new, both initially standard, then both mapped (one by AmD, one by Revo - to stage 2). They're quick, but they're not that quick (or as quick as some people seem to think). Mid range is fantastic with stage 2 + full Milltek, but in all honesty its not mindblowing. There are still Volvos and Saabs that would comfortable see us away, and I don't think there is night and day difference between my LCR and a TDi Cupra/FR. Maybe I'm an average driver, but TBH as long as I'm enjoying myself then feck everyone else - I don't even know half the people who have a pop at me on the bypass so their victory if it occurs is a fairly hollow one. Occasionally I enjoy a drag against something more exotic to see how much better their car is, but in the grand scheme of things if you enjoy the car you own how much does it really matter if its faster than someone elses?

So the ST Fiesta is faster round a tight track, but would it beat a Leon round Le Mans where the straights are long? We've all known forever that the realms of putting too much power through a FWD car with OE spec suspension/tyres etc.. is fraught with problems. As long as there's money in my pocket and food on the table and a smile on my face then 'whatever'.

7. vroomtshh

vroomtshh Full Member

Dependant on the driver! I would quite gladly bet that my track prepped Daihatsu Charade would have the legs on a GSXR ridden by anyone who hasn't done some trackwork before. Any challengers and am sure Knockhill will let us on for a small fee.

8. cojjer

cojjer old enough to know better

I concur!

9. FriarFR

FriarFR Full Member

i have to say I'm with coxw on this one, so put your :gay: hanbags away now please

10. Reg

Reg Professional Detailer

I'm pretty new to LCR ownership, and have found some very interesting and helpful stuff on this forum. Its a shame though that a lot of threads turn into childish pissing contents much more suited to a Max Power-type website.

Each to their own eh?

11. slim_boy_fat

slim_boy_fat Guest

I think you need to calm down a bit, no make that a lot. Why do you persist in trying to degrade a resonable discussion into a slagging match with your purile comments.

Shame on you. The other members of SCN deserve better.

:no:

12. Bunglebonce

Bunglebonce Bunglebonce

and on a lighter note... :)

[​IMG]

13. Ben CTR

Ben CTR Still Part Of VAG

It wasn't dirested at other SCN members.... Hence the reason I qouted YOUR comment... Just have to agree to disagree on this one i suppose....
    Anyway back to the Fiesta ST............

14. Reg

Doesn't the fact that VBH can drive like a bloke tell you something?

SHE IS A CHICK WITH A ****!!!!

She is a munter, and not at all feminine.

15. vroomtshh

vroomtshh Full Member

If we were looking for someone feminine then wouldn't we all be with girls?

Oops

16. FriarFR

FriarFR Full Member

hrm, she doesnt look quite so hot in the cold light of day

17. Reg

Correct. She is rather too masculine for a woman.

So a woman should be feminine, unless one's bread is buttered on the other side, so to speak.......

18. redcupratdi

redcupratdi Offical SCN Pole Dancer

pish poor

U still would after a few! :p

No the chart is pish poor! putting road cars, track cars, motorbikes and commercail vehicals on the same chart?!!?!?! :doh:
    sorry the chart means nothing top gear is better but still really shows nothing but pub talk.

I think thats why alot of people race 1/4 mile to finally show who is faster!