LCR W.I.P Update K04 Hybrid- F23 Here, mini review page 50

rsmith

Robbie
Apr 28, 2004
Tipperary, Ireland
Yeah i had her raised with the 19", so i am probably back near standard height!
The black were nice, but a bitch to clean, the new colour looks better in the flesh.

rsmith

Robbie
Apr 28, 2004
Tipperary, Ireland
How did you get the Charge Pipe and Manifold polished up?

I took them off the car, stripped the paint off them with paint strippers, sanded out any deep scratches or grooves and then used a metal polishing kit to get the chrome look finish. Its a nasty and time consuming job to do but worth it IMO

Aug 7, 2009
Manchester U.K
Metal polishing has got to be one of me biggest fears lmao, i get bored after 10 mins and leave it half done, unless im polishing exhaust ports or cleaning manifolds up etc i hate it!!

I love the BBS mate, some quite good rep's about atm on ebay. Anything else planned then?

rsmith

Robbie
Apr 28, 2004
Tipperary, Ireland
Metal polishing has got to be one of me biggest fears lmao, i get bored after 10 mins and leave it half done, unless im polishing exhaust ports or cleaning manifolds up etc i hate it!!

I love the BBS mate, some quite good rep's about atm on ebay. Anything else planned then?

yeah its a pain in the ?????, took me about 6 hours from start to finish with just the charge pipe, paint stripper is nasty stuff if it gets on your skin.

There are some nice reps floating about, i went for the genuine BBS though after studying real versus fake for about 2weeks, the reps are dead easy to spot but for the price there not a bad deal at all, your eye is your bargin when it comes to reps though.

My next mods are defo double din conversion, looking at the kenwood DPX 503U and a modified dynotwist with chromed CAI after that i start saving for a FMIC, still reading all the threads on cheap universal Vs Forge and the likes.

maybe a carbon fibre manifold guard, engine cover and a new set of tyres stretched onto my alloys so i can slam it down a bit more, the list is endless:cry:

Aug 7, 2009
Manchester U.K
yeah its a pain in the ?????, took me about 6 hours from start to finish with just the charge pipe, paint stripper is nasty stuff if it gets on your skin.

There are some nice reps floating about, i went for the genuine BBS though after studying real versus fake for about 2weeks, the reps are dead easy to spot but for the price there not a bad deal at all, your eye is your bargin when it comes to reps though.

My next mods are defo double din conversion, looking at the kenwood DPX 503U and a modified dynotwist with chromed CAI after that i start saving for a FMIC, still reading all the threads on cheap universal Vs Forge and the likes.

maybe a carbon fibre manifold guard, engine cover and a new set of tyres stretched onto my alloys so i can slam it down a bit more, the list is endless:cry:

Yeah i know what you mean how much they set you back :confused:

harty190486

POWER!!!
Dec 29, 2008
staffordshire
Aup mate this is defo the nicest platinum Lcr on this site just love it and the stance is perfect, those wheels are just pure sex would give my right arm for them, think a black roof would look spot on on this mate, its my next mod,keep it up :D

rsmith

Robbie
Apr 28, 2004
Tipperary, Ireland
Aup mate this is defo the nicest platinum Lcr on this site just love it and the stance is perfect, those wheels are just pure sex would give my right arm for them, think a black roof would look spot on on this mate, its my next mod,keep it up :D

Thanks Mate, but i actually prefer your bay to mine :lol: the Jetex and and cover make it imo.
Yeah i am well chuffed with the wheels, they cost me a small fortune, going for a tyre stretch next and then dropping her down maybe another 10mm -15mm.

rsmith

Robbie
Apr 28, 2004
Tipperary, Ireland
How wide are those alloys? What tyre size are you running on them?

Hi, they are 8.5J wide, i was running 235/35/19 front/rear, i was getting a lot of rubbing with this so now i am running, 235/35/19 rear and 225/35/19 fronts and this solved the issue completely.

I will probably change the rears to 225/35/19 when the current ones wear out.

collins

Sep 29, 2009
Ettington,Warwickshire
this is one seriously nice looking leon,love the ch's in that colour too,really suit the car and i think im gonna join the engine bay polishing clan,liking the shiney!

rsmith

Robbie
Apr 28, 2004
Tipperary, Ireland
this is one seriously nice looking leon,love the ch's in that colour too,really suit the car and i think im gonna join the engine bay polishing clan,liking the shiney!

Thanks, i got them done in daytona grey which is the same color as the Audi R8, but i am getting them respayed the same color again except with a gloss finish as opposed to the matt finish.I must update this thread as i have added to the bay again, its so addictive when you get started but you get a great sence of accomplishment from it.

This is what i was at today, more pics to follow when i get it finished and some problems sorted out.

DSCF1333.jpg

Last edited:

rsmith

Robbie
Apr 28, 2004
Tipperary, Ireland
Hello All,

Just a quick update, in preperation for my Stage 2 remap, i installed a Toyosport FMIC, the forge one is just to expensive for my needs so decided on the Toyosport 550x225x64MM FMIC, i must say it has really brought the temps down and also my CF's are way down so some more timing might be on the cards.
This was confirmed by my recent RR, but it had to be cut short due to my DV sticking and generally acting silly buggers.

Below are a few pics from the install, overall its an easy job the hardest part was removing the bumper.
I went with 63mm piping to the fmic and then used 63-57mm reducers. Having thought about this more i am going to change it again and use more alloy piping as the silicon stuff is to flexible and prone to compression.

harty190486 really helped me out with the piping and advise, so cheers mate ;)

This arrived in the post today, my new blueFlame 3" Downpipe and 200cell sports cat, i am getting it fitted tomorrow so i can't wait. :funk::funk::funk:

3" DP and Cat
DSCF1397.jpg

DSCF1398.jpg

FMIC install

Image-568x758-JPG.jpg

DSCF1333.jpg

DSCF1331.jpg

Last edited:

EL

Forever Alive
Mar 17, 2008
Bickley, Bromley
Nice work on the FMIC install mate. I keep hearing about the front bumper being a pain, look forward to tackling the bugger real soon :D

rsmith

Robbie
Apr 28, 2004
Tipperary, Ireland
Nice work on the FMIC install mate. I keep hearing about the front bumper being a pain, look forward to tackling the bugger real soon :D

I could do it with my eyes closed at this stage, the hardest part is the side of the bumper and aligning it with the runners, let me know if you need any help.

EL

Forever Alive
Mar 17, 2008
Bickley, Bromley
I could do it with my eyes closed at this stage, the hardest part is the side of the bumper and aligning it with the runners, let me know if you need any help.

Thank mate, appreciate that. I was going to use the guide on the Forge site, hopfully Seat didn't go and change something on the later models to make it trickier....lol

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.