LCR W.I.P Update K04 Hybrid- F23 Here, mini review page 50

rsmith

Robbie
Apr 28, 2004
Tipperary, Ireland
zw_ stuff... ign

TIP should arrive with you friday all being well.
it will need trimming to suit remember.. Comes with long tails

Excellent, only the best for my LCR :D Logs will be interesting, i always log zwist for ignition timing angle.

Also Largeport head is on its way, mentally trying to justify an SEM intake now.

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2012
Slough
Excellent, only the best for my LCR :D Logs will be interesting.

Also Largeport head is on its way, mentally trying to justify an SEM intake now.

Looks good mate, im currently toying with the idea of a hybrid or something a bit bigger. As far as Im aware the SEM intakes dont really justify the price vs gains.

rsmith

Robbie
Apr 28, 2004
Tipperary, Ireland
Looks good mate, im currently toying with the idea of a hybrid or something a bit bigger. As far as Im aware the SEM intakes dont really justify the price vs gains.

Any alternatives to the SEM to align price vs gains, not set on this as i am not 100% how velocity with a large head and intake is affected vs a large port head and small port intake with a 034 reducer.

Last edited:

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
I knew you'd say that:D

On another note, has anyone else had issues with the accelerator pedal sticking with the OEM Leon matts, 3 times now my throttle has got stuck in the WOT position, fukn scary when it happens and your not expecting it.

You know it makes sense :)

I had that issue with the OEM LCR mats.... I replaced mine for the one's that Awesome GTI do. They're slightly shorter and lay flat and true unlike those shoddy original ones. Never had that issue since. I got mine 3 years ago though and the red stitching has faded a little that's my only bug with them.

rsmith

Robbie
Apr 28, 2004
Tipperary, Ireland
You know it makes sense :)

I had that issue with the OEM LCR mats.... I replaced mine for the one's that Awesome GTI do. They're slightly shorter and lay flat and true unlike those shoddy original ones. Never had that issue since. I got mine 3 years ago though and the red stitching has faded a little that's my only bug with them.

Bloody hell, so i'm not alone, if this was the USA they would have recalled them by now from all the lawsuits, i think that happened recently actually, i do know its bloody dangerous, will take a knife to them for now and DIY shorten them, better than rear ending some poor sod.

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Not alone mate. I had my car for a week or two before taking them out and just waiting for my new ones to turn up.

Better safe than sorry!

wild willy

Aug 4, 2003
Wales
Get the SEM mate, i bought myself another one for christmas ;) i just need to get a before Dyno run so i can properly document the gains to be seen on a hybrid.

wild willy

Aug 4, 2003
Wales
Hi Carl, whats the craic? Hows the LCR these days?
Hi Robbie, the LCR is running very well thanks mate. Lots of bits and pieces going on with it. I'm looking at experimenting with the high sampling software you use sometime this week. Interested to see if you find any torque intervention reference in your code also. My wmi is doing a great job allowing me to run 24 degrees timing advance high in the rev range but i do need to install my solenoid ready for direct port injection. i see you run the DO solenoid also but what screw thread spec actually fits the underside of it as a M4 didn't do it and i have a feeling it may be an imperial thread. How you getting on with the coillies.
any chance you may come over during 2013 for a meet maybe.

supersticky

Dec 16, 2010
taunton somerset
This is such a beautiful car, the detail is mind blowing, the colour is stunning, i love the wheels, well i think im in love!! i may need to cheat on my wife if this ever drove past me!! There's now two car's on SCN i would die for, and this one's top of my list. Amazing mate thanks for sharing your 'art' with us.

rsmith

Robbie
Apr 28, 2004
Tipperary, Ireland
This is such a beautiful car, the detail is mind blowing, the colour is stunning, i love the wheels, well i think im in love!! i may need to cheat on my wife if this ever drove past me!! There's now two car's on SCN i would die for, and this one's top of my list. Amazing mate thanks for sharing your 'art' with us.

cheers mate, glad you like it ;-)

Hi Robbie, the LCR is running very well thanks mate. Lots of bits and pieces going on with it. I'm looking at experimenting with the high sampling software you use sometime this week. Interested to see if you find any torque intervention reference in your code also. My wmi is doing a great job allowing me to run 24 degrees timing advance high in the rev range but i do need to install my solenoid ready for direct port injection. i see you run the DO solenoid also but what screw thread spec actually fits the underside of it as a M4 didn't do it and i have a feeling it may be an imperial thread. How you getting on with the coillies.
any chance you may come over during 2013 for a meet maybe.

This sampling software is the business, the logs are awesome, i have a feeling i wont find any intervertions, i already spoke to my tuner and he said he has been using this method for ages now. Good to know your still tipping away on the LCR.

Nout wrong with 24* top end, is there any CF's? i am on my 4th TB now, i have stopped injecting meth throught the intake, just water and add the Meth the petrol tank, are you single or dual nozzle?

No sure on the thread size of the solenoid mount but i can check for you, worse comes to worse some brute force and ignorance can get something in there.

Coilovers are good, great on the track, pretty hard to live with on the road though i wont lie.

I defo have plans to get over for a Hybrid shoutout, need to get the car sorted, i can't be letting you guys embarrass the paddy with your fancy british stuff and what not :D

Last edited:

wild willy

Aug 4, 2003
Wales
cheers mate, glad you like it ;-)

This sampling software is the business, the logs are awesome, i have a feeling i wont find any intervertions, i already spoke to my tuner and he said he has been using this method for ages now. Good to know your still tipping away on the LCR.

Nout wrong with 24* top end, is there any CF's? i am on my 4th TB now, i have stopped injecting meth throught the intake, just water and add the Meth the petrol tank, are you single or dual nozzle?

No sure on the thread size of the solenoid mount but i can check for you, worse comes to worse some brute force and ignorance can get something in there.

Coilovers are good, great on the track, pretty hard to live with on the road though i wont lie.

I defo have plans to get over for a Hybrid shoutout, need to get the car sorted, i can't be letting you guys embarrass the paddy with your fancy british stuff and what not :D
Paddy power for the win;).
If we were to meet at Bill's there would be an "English man, an Irish man and a Welsh man @ a dyno" hang about i feel a joke comming on.:D

I get mainly cf's of 3's but a few random 6's. Ihave a DO 3 after the intercooler and a DO 0.75 pre TB and it works well but using the voltage progressive controller using the maff signal.Peak flow @ peak rpm is 360cc plus (measured) and it pulls hard. Map (boost) control using that amount would bog down too early and so would require less flow to keep car happy low revs but left wanting up top.

rsmith

Robbie
Apr 28, 2004
Tipperary, Ireland
Paddy power for the win;).
If we were to meet at Bill's there would be an "English man, an Irish man and a Welsh man @ a dyno" hang about i feel a joke comming on.:D

I get mainly cf's of 3's but a few random 6's. Ihave a DO 3 after the intercooler and a DO 0.75 pre TB and it works well but using the voltage progressive controller using the maff signal.Peak flow @ peak rpm is 360cc plus (measured) and it pulls hard. Map (boost) control using that amount would bog down too early and so would require less flow to keep car happy low revs but left wanting up top.

Yeah i am running a .75 post TB and a DO 3 post cooler progressively off the MAP sensor, kicks in at 14psi and is on full flow by 21 psi, your setup does sound to have more scope, what kit are you using to run it off the MAF?

New TIP arrived this morning, gonna grab some before/after logs :D

rsmith

Robbie
Apr 28, 2004
Tipperary, Ireland
What a fukn day, new TIP arrived as promised, thanks Bill, went about fitting it as it was a nice day, took before logs for comparision and started to get stuck into what should be a straight forward job, all going well until i got to removing the old V1 billet adapter, the f'ing thing was beat on, i spent a good hour trying to move it and then finally i gave it a twist and pull and it came off or so i thought, i'll let the pictures do the rest of the speaking.

IKU9IOW_zps0046fc48.jpg

IJ0UK6V_zpsc02b64f6.jpg

I9NDF94_zps03173265.jpg

20130208_153625_zpse81143b9.jpg

What a complete plain in the ****.

I cleaned up any loose material from the housing and i am going to retap the new billet adapter to get the grub to grab whats left of the compressor housing.

It should be alright, whats your option guys?

This is what it will be like fitted

20130208_153751_zps73cadcf6.jpg

Last edited:

wild willy

Aug 4, 2003
Wales
Ouch, nasty mate, i'd get a small nozzle on the hover and spend as much tlc as possible to remove any matter, would blowing down the compressor housing outlet with compressed air drive any matter out also.
With regards the devils own wmi controller i use the voltage progressive controller but i think yours is the same except that its scaled in pressure rather than volts. If you tap the maff signal wire rather than the map sensor signal (both 0-5v sensors) it will work fine , just adjust the max boost setting till the yellow light stays fully on during wot.

rsmith

Robbie
Apr 28, 2004
Tipperary, Ireland
Nasty is right, luckily it was a clean break so I am pretty confident nothing has entered the turbo. It's a pity the whole reason I was fitting this tip was to remove any areas that could restrictions or turbulence, God only knows what this will do.!

I must read up on the kit u got, seems like the better option.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Oh dear oh dear :(

Such a shame this has happened to such a well cared for car! Kinda glad I got rid of mine now.

wild willy

Aug 4, 2003
Wales
It should be ok. I,ve fitted the V2 adapter to my 90mm tip and can feel an improvement over v1. Is it possible that you didn't slcken both screws on the v1 and thought there was only one the same as v2. It also looks like Crturbos didn't use a genuine Borg warner compressor housing and instead used an inferior Chinese casting which ain't as strong. The correct decals are missing from your casting.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.