LCR W.I.P Update K04 Hybrid- F23 Here, mini review page 50

harty190486

POWER!!!
Dec 29, 2008
staffordshire
I checked the N75 today on my LCR, i could not see the screw you were on about, i pulled a 1.8bar spike tonight which is too high IMO.

there is a little 6mm hole on the top of the n75 the screw is in there mate the thread will be locked in place but it will turn once cracked i would just turn it a quarter turn clockwise to start with then log it i was amazed how smoth it made the boost i would have no more than 1.5 bar really mate so have a go and see just check boost, n75 duty cycle ,fueling etc with vag com when doing it, i just used a spare n75 i had kicking about to have a play i was shocked the diffrence ither way it made

rsmith

Robbie
Apr 28, 2004
Tipperary, Ireland
Righto, I decided to get my BBS resprayed, i had them in Daytona grey with a Matt finished, i got tired quickly of the matt so decided to go for a gloss finish this time, it really brings the metallic paint out and looks super when the sun hits them, can't wait to get them on now and get the cupra slammed a bit more.

These are gonna rock with my refurbed Brembo's and other bits on order,i have gone on a bit of spending spree lately!

Some pics of the goodies that arrived today, i have new valves and BBS valve caps that will finish them off nicely.

BBS1.jpg

BBS2.jpg

BBS3.jpg

BBS4.jpg

BBS5.jpg

BBS6.jpg

DSCF1456.jpg

rsmith

Robbie
Apr 28, 2004
Tipperary, Ireland
More, i just had them mounted, before hand i put on 3 coats of super resin polish and then 3 coats of poor boys wheel sealant.I also put on new shorter valve stems and BBS valve caps.They are freakishly close to the the brembo's as i put on 3mm spacers instead of 5mm this time round to get the well under the arch as much as posible, They look well on though and compliment the Brembo's no end as i just respray them the week before and put on new decals.

Some more money shots.!

bbs-BREMBO2.jpg

DSCF1499.jpg

DSCF1497.jpg

DSCF1496.jpg

DSCF1495.jpg

DSCF1477.jpg

bbs_brembO3.jpg

DOLBY

Jun 24, 2006
North of London
www.facebook.com
good to see someone else with OCD too...will be following this thread mate because it seems you are going to create a masterpiece. Iwould be too scared to drive it incase it got dirty!!

Have to say BBS CHs are the only wheel bar the standard ones that truly suit the LCR. I would love a set but i would have them in bright brightest silver.

just a quick question, i read somewhere that the standard alloys and BBS CHs are almost identical in weight but do you know how much the BBS reps are? I only get the best stuff for my car but genuine BBSs would get nicked in an instant around my way- fact.

as i said nice car dude

rsmith

Robbie
Apr 28, 2004
Tipperary, Ireland
good to see someone else with OCD too...will be following this thread mate because it seems you are going to create a masterpiece. Iwould be too scared to drive it incase it got dirty!!

Have to say BBS CHs are the only wheel bar the standard ones that truly suit the LCR. I would love a set but i would have them in bright brightest silver.

just a quick question, i read somewhere that the standard alloys and BBS CHs are almost identical in weight but do you know how much the BBS reps are? I only get the best stuff for my car but genuine BBSs would get nicked in an instant around my way- fact.

as i said nice car dude

Cheers Mate, yeah i am totally OCD which a PITA some times.Regarding the reps its hard to say, i have seen some truely awful reps knocking about and then i have seen some really really good ones.
The genuine BBS CH are about 25/26lbs i am pretty sure.

I must get some more stuff on this thread, i went a bit nuts with the metal polisher last week, nothing was spared.

I would look for a decent set of 2nd hand BBS and get them refurbed, it would still be cheaper than the £1400 that they cost new.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.