Le Mans 2006

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
seen a few people on here saying they are going down to le havre.

Naaaahhh! thats the pansy way.

Go from calais, then you get the long drive, thats 60% of the Le mans experience

Also allthough lots are saying its filling up fast, yeah thats right it is. But it never fully books out, people still turn up on the saturday for camping etc. We always grab the same part on Bleu camping, purely cos you can get away with so much more up there. Security can be a bit tighter on the other parts of the camping.

Showers and toilets are always impeccable and if you time it right you will get a nice shower in the middle of the night.

We're off thursday morning and probbaly coming back monday.

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
Muzorewa said:
This pending legislation: http://www.thisistravel.co.uk/trave...g-in-France--article.html?in_article_id=38828 may be worth considering. Should be ok this year, but by next year you could get banned. Don't you just love beaurocrats?

Thanks you just really wound me up.

Living in Kent we have the highest level of foreign drivers in the country, just last night i was being pushed by a french car down the M26 whilst i was at at 80 mph,

and he sat 2 inches off my bumper, so i let him passed and followed him full beem for nearly 8 miles.

chiefsilverback

Terrible thing a poo poo!
Mar 21, 2005
RTW, Kent
I'm off to Le Mans this year for my first time. I'm heading down with a friend on mine and I figured I'd post on here having just bumped into Muzorewa over on BeerMountain!! ;)

We were lucky enough to get Houx Annexe camping a couple of weeks ago!!!

It should be good although the plan is to go top down in my friend's MR2 (or similar) so we could be a little pushed for space!?!?

Graham_E

Hi guys..Ill be down at houx annexe from thursday evening. flying the Beermountain.com flag of course! thought i recognised your names from there. Im Trucker on beermountain by the way.

Muzorewa

¡Muchas gracias señores!
Aug 6, 2003
Manchester
Visit site
Graham_E said:
Hi guys..Ill be down at houx annexe from thursday evening. flying the Beermountain.com flag of course! thought i recognised your names from there. Im Trucker on beermountain by the way.
I met up with mayo90 at Brands yesterday, he will also be on HA. And he's also a driver from London area.

We're sailing Thursday morning Calais -Boulogne, SpeedFerries. When & how are you going?

Graham_E

Muzorewa said:
I met up with mayo90 at Brands yesterday, he will also be on HA. And he's also a driver from London area.

We're sailing Thursday morning Calais -Boulogne, SpeedFerries. When & how are you going?

Would that be the 10.40am crossing by any chance? ill be with a bunch of corrado's having organise this back end of last year of the corrado forum. Ill be driving down in an '03 ovni yellow leon cupra...picking it up on friday :D

Muzorewa

¡Muchas gracias señores!
Aug 6, 2003
Manchester
Visit site
Graham_E said:
Would that be the 10.40am crossing by any chance? ill be with a bunch of corrado's having organise this back end of last year of the corrado forum. Ill be driving down in an '03 ovni yellow leon cupra...picking it up on friday :D
¡Exactamente!

Look out for an 04 ovni León cupra.
;)

Muzorewa

¡Muchas gracias señores!
Aug 6, 2003
Manchester
Visit site
neil_f225 said:
not long now...can't wait. Group of us going 2 new focus st's, bmw 330d , audi s4, modded ibiza tdi and my lcr.
Usual questions:

When
Where from
Which campsite
Why

etc etc ;)

And why don't CarreFour do proper bacon, they do everything else :confused:

Graham_E

Muzorewa said:
Usual questions:

When
Where from
Which campsite
Why

etc etc ;)

And why don't CarreFour do proper bacon, they do everything else :confused:

Also What flags will you be flying if any? slightly easier to locate then.

You got me stumped on the bacon thing :think: :shrug:

Muzorewa

¡Muchas gracias señores!
Aug 6, 2003
Manchester
Visit site
Graham_E said:
Also What flags will you be flying if any? slightly easier to locate then.
Probably won't, we're only a one-and-a-half man team :blink:

With the assistance I'm likely to receive, we'll probably consider ourselves lucky to get the tent & gazebo up. :rolleyes:

Graham_E

Muzorewa said:
Probably won't, we're only a one-and-a-half man team :blink:

With the assistance I'm likely to receive, we'll probably consider ourselves lucky to get the tent & gazebo up. :rolleyes:

You'll be easy to spot then, you'll be the guy still struggling with the gazebo on thursday night around 10pm! :D

chiefsilverback

Terrible thing a poo poo!
Mar 21, 2005
RTW, Kent
Good afternoon all! Our tickets came through yesterday and now we're finalising our plans.

We'll be travelling down on Wednesday in a Clio Trophy avec roof box!

Muzorewa

¡Muchas gracias señores!
Aug 6, 2003
Manchester
Visit site
tris said:
you do no its normally cheaper to buy tickets on the door?
General Admission tickets, yes, but you need tickets in advance for the better campsites. And grandstand seating, if you can afford it and can contemplate the prospect of sitting in the same seat for a day :rolleyes:

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.