LED Fog Lights/White Fog Lights

ToroNegro

Dec 12, 2011
The Black Country
I've tried mtec before. They look nice but their light output is awful.

I want to keep the same effect but want them to be bright. Otherwise there is no point changing them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rob2k68

Jun 11, 2014
Rugby
Philips Diamond Vision H8 5000k are a good match to the LED lights - very pleased with mine but incredibly hard to get hold of !

Rob McCool

Sep 15, 2009
Birkenhead
I realise this is an older post but I was looking to change my foglight bulbs to the philips bulbs you mentioned-they do seem difficult to find(specifically for the Seat Leon as you also mentioned)I`m abit reluctant to buy the ones on ebay from China as I wonder if they`re genuine philips..:(

Last edited:

Rob McCool

Sep 15, 2009
Birkenhead
Thanks for the info,I contacted an ebay seller based in Germany about the philips H8 diamond vision bulbs they have for sale-they can be checked online on the philips website to confirm they`re genuine .I do`nt really fancy led bulbs as I tried them on my previous car(Leon FR170) and had various canbus problems-I`ve always found philips bulbs to be excellent and they are OEM also...

Last edited:

Ratocego

Mar 7, 2018
Hi Everyone,
Does any one here knows what type of LED fog light bulbs, the facelift Leons have? I have seen the newer Leons with slimmer fog light case/slot where the bulb is on. I want to put some LED fog lights in my 2014 FR, I can´t make a decision to which brand to go, so figured that the OEM bulbs that go in the newer Leons would probably be the best option.
Thanks,
Sam

ADM

May 14, 2016
I changed mine to H8 Cree led 45w which match the led headlights. With no issues.

Reactions: Ratocego

ADM

May 14, 2016
I bought them from Horizon LEDs. believe me you won't be disappointed as I have them on as cornering lights and it looks good.

Hope this helps

Here you go a picture of what the led fog lights look like in my avatar picture.

Reactions: Ratocego

Ratocego

Mar 7, 2018
I bought them from Horizon LEDs. believe me you won't be disappointed as I have them on as cornering lights and it looks good.

Hope this helps

Here you go a picture of what the led fog lights look like in my avatar picture.
Hi ADM,
Thanks for your reply, could you send me a link of the ones you bought? Also in terms of real use, will these illuminate better than the OEM halogen ones? They certainly look much better!
Thanks

ADM

May 14, 2016
CB31718A-08E0-4712-BFE2-890DBE7A3728.jpeg

Ratocego

Mar 7, 2018
Hi guys,

Any tips in how to best change the fog light from the left (passenger side)?, the washer deposit is in the way, is there a way to make it loose? I have the FR version, so I assume I cannot access from the front casing.
Thanks!

Wastedagen

Aug 3, 2017
Milton keynes
Hi guys,

Any tips in how to best change the fog light from the left (passenger side)?, the washer deposit is in the way, is there a way to make it loose? I have the FR version, so I assume I cannot access from the front casing.
Thanks!

I know you say you have the FR version but I too have little or no room on the passenger side due to water bottle.
378d4d42f3e844941c2bc6c936e1ba66.jpg

So surely they must give you access from the front...

Do you have any screw access holes?
b249a61a1230db6ec1fe3305a124b3c2.jpg

One is for alignment of the light the other holds on the trim.....
fe25b2d28ff8e9ce270ac8f2522fb742.jpg

Pull the trim off, remove the steel clip at 12 o' clock position and 3 screws then the light comes out.

Forgive me if the FR is nothing like this, I just assumed you should have access from front if you can't get bulb out from behind......

ADM

May 14, 2016
Unfortunately the FR version has to be done from the back. You will have to turn the wheel so it’s facing outwards or jack the car up and remove the wheel. Then remove the wheel arch plastic shroud, I think they are bolt head screws. Pry the plastic shroud back as much as you can and try to undo it with your hands. It is very difficult but persist and you will get there. I used a wooden block to wedge inbetween the plastic shroud so I could get my hand in.
Hope this helps!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.