LED Footwell lights

IbizaMK5CupraDB

Apr 22, 2014
Cheshire
Installed some LED footwell lights today, a nice easy job that makes the interior much more inviting.
Wired from interior light so they fade on and off at the same time.

cupra_conal

Oct 6, 2014
How did you do this I wouldn't mind doing this and what lights did you buy have you got a link please

devJORD

OBD11 Wizard
Nov 14, 2014
Hi mate, could you share the instructions? I'd love to do the same mod. :)

Also some pics would be great!

Last edited:

SamW

Yellow MK5 cupra
Feb 25, 2015
Birmingham
Yeah I would like the instructions too. Sounds like a good mod

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cupra_conal

Oct 6, 2014
Ibiza mk5 sent me the instructions in a private message, I can forward them on if he wants me to help him out, but I'll wait for his say so just in case he doesn't want the whole world to know

IbizaMK5CupraDB

Apr 22, 2014
Cheshire
Yeah feel free, it's dead easy. I've just tidied the wires so now you can't even tell plus you don't need to disturb any of the original wiring.
You'll definitely like the end result.

SM02MCK

Jan 16, 2014
Fraserburgh Scotland
I thought about fitting an led strip at either footwell to come on when the doors are opened, what colour did you choose? I'm thinkin about red to match with the headunit etc

IbizaMK5CupraDB

Apr 22, 2014
Cheshire
I considered red but went with white in the end to match the interior light. I am thinking about a single red one from the cigarette lighter in the centre console to illuminate my ipod, may be a led too far lol

SM02MCK

Jan 16, 2014
Fraserburgh Scotland
I've just put leds for my interior lights so I wouldn't be keen on buying white incase it didn't match them! A led for your iPod would be pretty smart, can never have enough!

SM02MCK

Jan 16, 2014
Fraserburgh Scotland
I haven't done it myself but all you would need is a power supply from your interior light fuse to two leds in either footwell. You could run the cable at the back of the footwell

devJORD

OBD11 Wizard
Nov 14, 2014
I haven't done it myself but all you would need is a power supply from your interior light fuse to two leds in either footwell. You could run the cable at the back of the footwell

Haha, last time I tried this sort of thing my car wouldn't start. Turned out I was shorting the immobilizer! But lesson learnt... Time to try again!

From memory, the only light that fades in and out is the ceiling light. I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction as to which wire I should tap into.

pops1368

Aug 23, 2009
Hi IbizaMK5 and cupra_conal,

Please would either of you dm me the instructions too.

Cheers

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.