LED Footwell lights

devJORD

OBD11 Wizard
Nov 14, 2014
Hey mate, you couldn't do everyone a favor and create a thread with the instructions in it by any chance?

It would save you from PMing everyone ;)

Andyy

Jan 4, 2015
England
Snap, could I have instructions too please? Definitely sounds like a brilliant mod and you should make a thread with them. :)

Andy

AdamO'C

Jun 30, 2014
Teesside
Basically you wire them to the interior light, that way they will fade in and out when open/close the door, route the cables to wherever you want your lights (do this through the head lining and down the door pillars) and then attatch the positive and negative of your light to the positive and negative of the interior light respectively

cupra_conal

Oct 6, 2014
Here you go lads sorry its been a while dont slate me
wired them to the interior light as I didn't want to go near any wires in the fusebox plus they fade in and out in time.
I took interior light out to expose the hole in the roof (2xtorx screws) and took N'S sun visor off, I then used a cable routing tool to feed the cable to the A post of the N/S (you will see that the roof lining meets the windscreen, it will pull away enough to get the cable to the A post trim).
I then fed the cable behind the trim between the door rubber and dash trim down and along by the N/S door to the footwell. I basically wired them from the interior light, positive cable on one side of the main bulb connector and neg on the other as the Led's have + and - circuit. You don't need to solder or cut just put cable through the hole and attach cable to the bulb mount and let the interior bulb hold it in place.
I used bullet connectors to join the lights together and plugged into the feed cable. The LED lights fit under the dash trim and have sticky pads which seem to hold into place really well although I used a couple of zip ties just to stop them from dropping should the adhesive fail at a later date.
I got them from*www.alltronix.co.uk*on ebay

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise