LED Headlight Leveling

tom81

Jul 21, 2014
My drivers side headlight failed to level today.
Know this thread is getting on a bit now, but did anyone actually get a fix for this problem?

yellowcone87

Mar 9, 2014
Warwickshire
No. There isn't one according to my local dealership. They've tried changing most of the components and the problem persists.

Mine is nearly three years old and has done it since new. The only fix is to do a full manual restart each time. It's fookin annoying, but seems to be a software glitch rather than an actual problem as such. Yours isn't a 2014 model by chance?

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
No. There isn't one according to my local dealership. They've tried changing most of the components and the problem persists.

Mine is nearly three years old and has done it since new. The only fix is to do a full manual restart each time. It's fookin annoying, but seems to be a software glitch rather than an actual problem as such. Yours isn't a 2014 model by chance?

Strange, mine is a 2014 model and never had any problems with the lights lowering/rising.

tom81

Jul 21, 2014
No fix as yet have been battling with my local dealer, they currently have it, 4th time now. They have it for over a week this time! Nothing to tell you at the moment. I'm quite persistent though, so should have something to report at some point.

KoNG

Jul 27, 2016
Canning Town
As i already posted in other Thread

Technical product information 9415, 5F, LED headlight, light beam initially low at ambient temperatures below 0ºC
Transaction No.:*2040800/1
Release date:*15-Jun-2015
Customer statement / workshop findings Customer statement: Occasionally the LED headlight beam stays low when inserting the keys and adjusting the height for the first time.

Workshop findings: The client reports that when switching on the lights for the first time after completing the initial automatic light beam height adjustment in one or both LED headlights they remain low. The next time they are switched on the height is re-established and corrected. Technical background This anomaly is produced sporadically after parking the vehicle for some time at low temperatures (below 0ºC) and switching on the height-regulating lights for the first time.

TPI basically says update SW in Headlight unit this should be solve this problem.

Tom81: I'm surprise they didn't solve it at all as they have instruction from SEAT what to do with it

If this SW update doesn't solve it they need to change the leveling engine inside the lamp. Job for 3 hour as the bumper need to go down and light need to be taken from car

Last edited:

tom81

Jul 21, 2014
Hi Kong thanks for your reply.
It has had a software update, I have asked several times for a new headlight, but no I I get is that they need to diagnose the fault. Apparently seat technical are going to dial into the car this week to solve it! What Bullock's.
Was this your issue you got solved? Or just from another thread?

tom81

Jul 21, 2014
Oh I see leveling engine replacement, not whole new lamp. Is a levelling engine an actuator?

KoNG

Jul 27, 2016
Canning Town
tom81: Ill go today to sort this out

5pr5mg.png

Number 14 need to be replaced as there is updated version of it. This is necessary if update wont help

yellowcone87

Mar 9, 2014
Warwickshire
No fix as yet have been battling with my local dealer, they currently have it, 4th time now. They have it for over a week this time! Nothing to tell you at the moment. I'm quite persistent though, so should have something to report at some point.

Good luck getting it sorted pal, you've obviously got more patience than I have. I gave up in the end and traded the car in. There's only so many 'attempts' I'm prepared to give.

Now I have a new 3 Series and no regrets!

Last edited:

tom81

Jul 21, 2014
Thats superb thank you kong, I will try and get the dealer / seat customer care to listen to me and get it replaced.

Yellow cone this is my second mk3 cupra, I had many many issues with the first, so much so that a iffy headlight seems almost not worth bothering with... but I will bacause Im just like that.

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
I had a 63 plate one...eg...with the headlight washers as standard sans winter pack...only happened to me once..in 2 years....and it was drivers side...also had a start-stop fault once as well.

Shknitrep

Jan 28, 2018
My 2014 Leon FR 140 has recently developed this problem with drivers side headlight not auto levelling. Instead it points down to the ground. When engine is reset, all is resolved but fault is becoming increasingly more regular.

Do we know if Seat has a resolution for this yet and do we know any details for CS to refer to?

Thanks

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
My 2014 Leon FR 140 has recently developed this problem with drivers side headlight not auto levelling. Instead it points down to the ground. When engine is reset, all is resolved but fault is becoming increasingly more regular.

Do we know if Seat has a resolution for this yet and do we know any details for CS to refer to?

Thanks

Their current "FIX" is apparently a software update for the levelling control unit.

The fact that no fault shows up or is logged in the car would suggest that it is hardware related - and as KoNG has indicated, there is an updated levelling motor available.

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.