Led headlight

Canbngl

Hi guys. I am from Turkey. I own a 2013 seat leon fr. My car not have led headlight option an I want to convert my normal headlight to led is it possible to make? Turkish firm can not give me proper answer about it. Can you give me information about that is the front board should be change or not. Do you suggest any other way to do it
Thanks for your answers and please use basic english :) my language is not very good :) thanks everybody

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dw911

Mar 30, 2013
It is possible, but it will be very very expensive as you will need all new parts as the car is so new you are not very likely to find Second hand headlights, control unit , plugs etc

As good as they are and they are good

For the cost and the time involved, I would just change you halogens to hids with one of the kits available

Bubbs

Jul 18, 2013
If you do change the bulbs to HID, you will need to get 'shielded' bulbs. These are HID bulbs which are designed to go in reflector-type headlamps, which is what the Leon has.

I bought a HID kit for my last car from hids4u, they were very helpful.

If you have H7 headlamp bulb (for the dip beam) then you will need a kit like this:

http://www.hids4u.co.uk/h7-35w-ultimate-xenon-hid-conversion-kit.html

Make sure you select 'Reflector' for the bulb type.

The kit is easy to install. You unplug the bulb connector, and connect it to a wire which runs to the control box. Then, another wire runs from the control box to the HID lamp. The only tools you need are your car keys (to unlock the car and open the bonnet), and some electrical tape to cover the connections with :)

The most difficult thing is finding somewhere to put the HID control boxes (there are two of them, one per headlamp). The boxes are about the size of a cigarette packet. They come with sticky pads on the back, but cable-ties are better. On my last car I tied one to the inside of the front wing panel, and the other one I tied around the battery case.

The other benefit is that the HID kit is £80-£100 (256-320 lira?). The LED headlamps, control units, wiring, etc etc would be LOTS more. I agree with dw911, HID is the way to go if you have standard lamps:

1. Change dip to HID
2. Change main beam to a more powerful standard bulb.

:)

Last edited:

Canbngl

If you do change the bulbs to HID, you will need to get 'shielded' bulbs. These are HID bulbs which are designed to go in reflector-type headlamps, which is what the Leon has.

I bought a HID kit for my last car from hids4u, they were very helpful.

If you have H7 headlamp bulb (for the dip beam) then you will need a kit like this:

hids4u.co.uk/h7-35w-ultimate-xenon-hid-conversion-kit.html

Make sure you select 'Reflector' for the bulb type.

The kit is easy to install. You unplug the bulb connector, and connect it to a wire which runs to the control box. Then, another wire runs from the control box to the HID lamp. The only tools you need are your car keys (to unlock the car and open the bonnet), and some electrical tape to cover the connections with :)

The most difficult thing is finding somewhere to put the HID control boxes (there are two of them, one per headlamp). The boxes are about the size of a cigarette packet. They come with sticky pads on the back, but cable-ties are better. On my last car I tied one to the inside of the front wing panel, and the other one I tied around the battery case.

The other benefit is that the HID kit is £80-£100 (256-320 lira?). The LED headlamps, control units, wiring, etc etc would be LOTS more. I agree with dw911, HID is the way to go if you have standard lamps:

1. Change dip to HID
2. Change main beam to a more powerful standard bulb.

But i don't want clasic xenon light. I want orginal mk3 led light:) Your opinion is that? And thanks your answer

dephead2004

Aug 3, 2013
My LEDs have a security tape over them in two places each. Take care that you don't void the warranty. My warranty booklet says that any mods will need to be reversed before SEAT will perform any warranty work on the vehicle.
There is a thread on the German forum where a jobsworth enforced this after LED interior lights were put in. Apparently they were registered in the internal memory and showed up when accessed by the dealer. IFor the record I have put two in : one in the boot and one in the glovebox. Each helps you to see what is in there as opposed to having your view assisted by a very small glowworm.

faw13

Sep 2, 2013
It would probably cheaper to sell the car and buy a new one with Full-LED kit

By the way, selamlar saygılar :)

dw911

Mar 30, 2013
But i don't want clasic xenon light. I want orginal mk3 led light:) Your opinion is that? And thanks your answer

Your correct its just my opinion and as someone else said it may be cheaper to sell the car and buy one with led headlights

That said, if you really want the led lights then go for it

I once went to silly lengths to add a on board computer dash display to my car
If you have ever seen a complete car wiring loom layed spread out on a garage floor you will know what I mean, all that wire, it looked like a snakes wedding

But it all worked out, I was pleased and somehow it all the seemed worth it in the end

So as long as you prepare well and research it in detail before hand, anything is do able

Canbngl

Okey thank u guys for ur opinions