LED interior illumination

JK1

May 15, 2002
Bedford
Visit site
From what I read of Audis with this pack people who bought LEDs afterwards often had issues getting LEDs small enough to fit in the recesses that were available.

Personally for the effort of clambering around in the car finding all the bulbs, researching all the right sizes on the net, ordering them in and then spending an hour or two opening up all the light fittings and swapping them out, I'd rather just pay the £60 and let Seat do it from the beginning.

Suicida1 Zombie

Mar 19, 2013
LED bulbs will work fine (Including the dimming/fading. I need to find a bulb that fits well in the footwell and boot bulb holders and work out how to get at the drivers/front reading lights), I have changed the rear reading lights and vanity mirror lights to festoon LED's and they are miles better and they work perfect. I am wondering if there is any way of finding the part number for the LED bulbs because I bet you they are just differnt bulbs (Why would they waste money on 'drivers' when they dont need to considering they cut back everywhere else they could - I'm looking at you chrome free key!)

rcopus

Jun 6, 2012
Midlands
What do they do actually? What did you hear about this?
Yes it is true that all the normal bulbs in the car will be changed with the led ones. It is the main idea of led interior option.
Can't remember whether I learnt this on these forums or German ones - but for example the boot/trunk lights don't get changed to LED's as part of the 'LED Interior Illumination Pack'.

rcopus

Jun 6, 2012
Midlands
LED bulbs will work fine (Including the dimming/fading. I need to find a bulb that fits well in the footwell and boot bulb holders and work out how to get at the drivers/front reading lights), I have changed the rear reading lights and vanity mirror lights to festoon LED's and they are miles better and they work perfect. I am wondering if there is any way of finding the part number for the LED bulbs because I bet you they are just differnt bulbs (Why would they waste money on 'drivers' when they dont need to considering they cut back everywhere else they could - I'm looking at you chrome free key!)

Have a look at some of the German forums like seat-leon.de and seatforum.de plenty of owners have changed the lights you're asking about. There are also pictures/guides on it.

dephead2004

Aug 3, 2013
Yes I agree. It's the front lamp holders is not the same at all. The reading lights are circular, and not all one piece with the courtesy door lights!

Amigu

ahh right was hoping they would be as bright as in the manual :( but oh well at least they look good at night and that would be great if you could do thos pics thank you i originally ordered the led pack as i thought that was the only way to get the light strips in the doors :\

I find the LED strips in the door too bright at night times at max brightness. I toned them down a bit, because they became distractive. Functional wise they don't add anything, only the occasional ooh's and aah's from passengers.

I was going to order mine with LED interior originally. I changed my mind when I heard that they don't actually change all bulbs/fittings to LED's.
Cheaper to buy the bulbs and change them yourself.

As far as I've seen, the following lights are LED:
- Front seat
- Back seat
- Feet
- Sun visor mirror
- License plate

*In the Netherlands, the LED interior is default when you get the LED headlights by the way. It's the only reason I got them. If they were a seperate option, I wouldn't have picked them.

Last edited by a moderator:

FRTSIman

Aug 2, 2013
Some of the LED lighting changes from white to red when the Sport Mode Driver Profile is selected - It would be great if this lighting turned green in the Eco Mode Driver Profile instead of white which is used for both the Normal Mode and Eco Mode Mode, but I suppose this would prohibitively increase the price and complexity of the system and types of LED required.

Nick100

These are some photos of the LEDs as fitted by SEAT.

Front lights

Middle lights, over the back seats

Foot well lighting

metomurti

Apr 26, 2013
These are some photos of the LEDs as fitted by SEAT.

Front lights

Middle lights, over the back seats

Foot well lighting

It will be very good if you post the pictures that are taken at night. We can see the exact difference then. Thanks very much.

Nick100

I have not had the car that long!
Only picked it up this morning.

Will get some more pictures later.

rcopus

Jun 6, 2012
Midlands
Thanks for the pics Nick.
This pretty much shows its just a bulb upgrade and thus an easy swap-out for anyone doing it themselves.

metomurti

Apr 26, 2013
try these, its gone dark now.

:D Thanks very much for your effort but these pictures are like a sunny day ;) The flash of your camera is very effective that it is impossible to understand effect of the original interior leds:cry:
For example the pictures below were taken from a leon with led interior (changed afterwards not original). It is very clear to understand the vision of leds. We are waiting such kind if pictures from you. Thanks very much for your understanding. :roll eyes:

Note: I think not using the flash is the best way to take these kind of pictures.

cuqh.jpg

klw9.jpg

xgtf.jpg

zioz.jpg

Last edited:

heliliam

Aug 11, 2013
thanks for the pics :) i am guessing that when seat install the led pack the footwell lights are white instead of red ? as they look very cool in red :D

Nick100

thanks for the pics :) i am guessing that when seat install the led pack the footwell lights are white instead of red ? as they look very cool in red :D

Correct they are white but you can change the brightness of them using the car settings in the screen unit.