AlexBJordan

Jan 1, 2019
Hi everyone,

I need your help/opinion. A few days ago I tried to change my interior lights of my seat leon mk2 for LED light and from that day until a 1 week ago I found out the fuse was burned and I had no interior lights even after I changed the bulbs to normal. I changed all the bulbs to normal and change the fuse and magic happens :p back again with interior lights.

My question is, do you guys think I need to change the fuse for something more powerful? At the moment is 7.5.

Thank you,
Alex

Sharpy

This place has cost me a fortune....
Oct 2, 2018
No, LEDs have a lower draw so if anything you should get a lower fuse. However I have noticed that in mine I need to remove the fuse before changing any of the bulbs as they can short out and blow the fuse.

If you go to a 10amp or higher you risk damaging the cables, the fuse is 7.5 for a reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AlexBJordan

Jan 1, 2019
@Sharpy tks for the tip, I will try to do that... I'm going to remove first the fuse and change all the bulbs and then put the fuse back if it blows I will change to 5amp.

I bought my LED lights but I think they not very good, do you know where can I get some good lights for all the interior lights?

Tks

Brimfull

Nov 7, 2018
Wrexham
Just out of interest do you have have a link to the leds you have used? This is on my list of things to do, I found a complete kit being sold by partsulike but the price seems a little steep when you consider the cost of buying the leds individually off eBay. I am looking at changing both front and rear roof lights, sun visor lights and number plate lights.

Last edited:

Sharpy

Oct 2, 2018
I got lucky with my red ones, I got them from eBay and had no issues.... I bought some white ones and oddly they stayed on all the time when the cat was running, albeit dimly.... I’ve given up for now.

Brimfull

Nov 7, 2018
Wrexham
I think I might stay with standard number plate lights as I can see from doing some research that it is pretty hit or miss if you get bulb error messages with LED's.

Sharpy

Oct 2, 2018
I think I might stay with standard number plate lights as I can see from doing some research that it is pretty hit or miss if you get bulb error messages with LED's.

I went back to standard bulbs... I didn’t get an error but they didn’t work?! It was a bit odd.

Brimfull

Nov 7, 2018
Wrexham
I got lucky with my red ones, I got them from eBay and had no issues.... I bought some white ones and oddly they stayed on all the time when the cat was running, albeit dimly.... I’ve given up for now.

I fitted a set to my old Saab aero and they worked a treat and then on the other hand fitted a set to my rx8 and these use to flicker like mad

Symon

Dec 23, 2011
Oxfordshire
When I got my car all of the interior bulbs were LED, but none of them worked. I found the fuse to be blown, so I replaced it and it blew again. I swapped all of the bulbs back to normal ones and replaced the fuse and everything has been fine since. The LED bulbs were made by Ring, so not just generic crap from ebay.

AlexBJordan

Jan 1, 2019
Hi all,

Finally, I changed my lights to LED and it looks very good, the lamps seem to be good and give great white light, but I have 2 small issues and maybe you guys will know the problem.

1. If I go to the car now open the doors and before turn the engine on, the lights are very weak, but then after switching the engine on the lights are quite strong, it seems it got some energy from the battery, why is this happening?

2. please check the link below for the video.

Tks

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Hmm, have you checked your battery? When the engine is running, it'll be the alternator powering the lights. So first thing I would check is that the batteries ok. Oh and I have 2 sets of LEDs fitted. Blue in the Cupra and white in the Sealion. The white especially are dazzling when I unlock the doors before the keys even in.

AlexBJordan

Jan 1, 2019
At the moment nothing of that is happening because I have a small problem with the driver rear door, the problem gives me the information on the dashboard that one door is open so I keep the lights off. I will check the alternator. tks for the tips

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.