LED tape? (Dimming Alpine blue track display)

Mewcenary

Mar 16, 2006
Farnham, Surrey
I'm loving the Alpine stereo, especially since you can switch the LEDs to match the Leon interior lighting.

HOWEVER the display remains a bright 'Alpine blue' and is really a bit too bright for my preference for night driving. There is no way of dimming this in the menus.

I've seen a few mentions of ways of sorting this. Any ideas?

I tried masking tape, but that's too thick, and just blacked out the display.

I guess I need a very clear tape which ideally also changes the colour to red. So a red, clear-ish, sticky tape.

Any ideas?

6th.replicant

May 29, 2008
London
Are you referring to the Alpine CDE-103BT? Just bought/installed one m'self. The fella in the shop showed me how to change all the buttons to red, then I changed it back to blue & red but now I can't workout how to get 'em all red again!

Try calling Alpine tech support & they'll talk you through the process, while in-car: 02476 719500 ;)

Mewcenary

Mar 16, 2006
Farnham, Surrey
Are you referring to the Alpine CDE-103BT? Just bought/installed one m'self. The fella in the shop showed me how to change all the buttons to red, then I changed it back to blue & red but now I can't workout how to get 'em all red again!

Try calling Alpine tech support & they'll talk you through the process, while in-car: 02476 719500 ;)

Not the buttons! I've got all THOSE red so no problems at all. I mean the text part of the display....

sunilbass

Jan 12, 2007
lesta
is there a orange cable on the stereo loom? this is usually the illumation wire! is this connected? this usually dims the unit down once the lights are switched on at night!

Mewcenary

Mar 16, 2006
Farnham, Surrey
The illumination wire is connected. I've tested that this works (dims when headlights are turned on).

However, that only impacts the button LEDs, and only when in 'Alpine blue' mode. It does not change the track display illumination, annoyingly.

However, I am used to the display now so this is no longer an issue, thankfully. The button LEDs are a nice shade of red so it all looks lovely.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.