Left Hand Brake Light Intermittent Faults

el_toledo_150

Toledo TDI Owner
Mar 15, 2008
Derby
I have an 04 Toledo TDI Sport 150 which has a fault just with the left hand brake light.

The left light will only come on when I tap the light cluster. When I de-press the pedal and then press it again the light is lost again.

Don't know if this is the brake light switch cos it's only one light affected or something else?

Anyone have an idea?

ath55

I know on my tolly when this happened there was corrosion on the connection into the light. So cleaned it up with electrical connection cleaner. Went a bit further and checked the bulb plate and the connections at the bulbs had worn themselves back. So i just pulled them back out. Job done.

Hope this helps. Sorry for the essay

Mark

el_toledo_150

Toledo TDI Owner
Mar 15, 2008
Derby
I know on my tolly when this happened there was corrosion on the connection into the light. So cleaned it up with electrical connection cleaner. Went a bit further and checked the bulb plate and the connections at the bulbs had worn themselves back. So i just pulled them back out. Job done.

Hope this helps. Sorry for the essay

Mark

Hi Mark. Am I right in saying that to get to brake light connection and bulb plate you need take the cluster out? There are three 8mm bolts holding the cluster in. Can get the first one out with 8mm socket. But for the other two its a bit tight for clearance and can't get 8mm socket in so will have to buy an 8mm spanner.

Thanks for the help.

ath55

No those nuts just remove complete lamp. When you remove the plate inside to change a bulb, this is the part you should look at.

I might have been a bit confusing at the start:doh:

el_toledo_150

Toledo TDI Owner
Mar 15, 2008
Derby
No those nuts just remove complete lamp. When you remove the plate inside to change a bulb, this is the part you should look at.

I might have been a bit confusing at the start:doh:

No mark it wasn't you. It's me confusing myself :doh:

For some reason I was expecting to find a separate brake light :doh:
I did'nt realise it was combined with rear light:doh:

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.