left side is lower ! !!

sweilam

SEAT auto emocion
Mar 22, 2005
got a new shock absorbers , new strut mounts and new axle bushings ,
but after fitting the shockeys i noticed that the left side lower than the right side by ~4cm , so i thought about the springs, i took springs off and i noticed that one is shorter than the other (compressed) , i couldnt find any new springs ,so i got one from scrap good condition , but when i fitted it still there is a difference of like 1cm , so i wanted to know if this is a problem , and if i need to get another one from scrap (from same car) so it will be adjusted,, and is it normal to have a side lower than the other or it should be JUST the same ?
thanks !

sweilam

SEAT auto emocion
Mar 22, 2005
dampers are brand new meyle shock absorbers ,
is it a problem to have different springs?
the problem is that the previous owner messed the right spring by putting a big piece of rubber on its top , to handle a bad damper , so i cant use my springs anymore,,

TDISam

HoorayforCaptainSpaulding
Apr 21, 2005
Stourbridge
sweilam said:
they arent of different length , but not sure about stiffness !!

if you've got one spring a bit bouncier than the other that side of the car will then be bouncier, could be dangerous....

sweilam

SEAT auto emocion
Mar 22, 2005
i will go and get the other spring from the scrap , they r VW springs, but the springs originally in the car are SEAT labeled, are they for ibiza or they r different than the SEAT ones ? they r same length by the way . and i think same weight .

sweilam

SEAT auto emocion
Mar 22, 2005
got the 2 springs the same , labeled VW springs
do u guys have ur original springs labeled by SEAT or VW ?

sweilam

SEAT auto emocion
Mar 22, 2005
fuey said:
i've got 2 shocks and springs from my gti sat in the garage you can have for a pack of beer?
where do you live?

great Deal man , will u ship them to me ? lol
thanks matey , u know i would really love to own those shockeys and springs, i am sure GTI ones are better than my GLX ones .

edc , good u still remember me , everytime i notice my dim sidelights i remember you ;) lol

sweilam

SEAT auto emocion
Mar 22, 2005
4 wheel alignement done yes,, though the technician told me it wont be perfect coz i need to adjust something in steering , like bushings or joints, i am not sure .

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.