Leon 1.6 CR TDI EGR valve problem

AC78

Hi all, was wondering if anyone has got experience of any EGR problems on the 1.6 CR TDI? Mine has developed a fault putting the car into limp mode, it clears whent he engine is off and returns anywhere from 100 yards to 2-3 miles down the road. The error codes it is generating are P046C and P0048 which are "EGR valve position sensor A fault - range or performance" and the latter "EGR valve position sensor B fault - High impossible to test".
Has anyone had similar problems? I'm wondering whether a removal and clean would fix it or to order a new EGR valve. Also does anyone know what switches the valve is it the DC actuator or the vacuum operated diaphragm unit that is bolted to it. How much am I looking at for a replacement EGR?
Many thanks
Andy

Last edited by a moderator:

AC78

Update; the cars now fixed!! :D After buying a 'fully tested' used spare off Ebay, I fitted only the motor part and reset the DTC with a Solus unit borrowed from a friend, it still didn't want to play, the "EGR valve position sensor A - signal too low" fault still flagged up and I could not reset the flashing glow plug light with the Solus unit, although I was'nt entirely sure if this was the EGR valve's fault or the limitations of the Solus unit... or the used unit was too faulty. Anyway I bit the bullet and had it towed to my local Seat dealer where I bought the car from, after having phoned them up and told them the fault (didn't mention the used one and attempt to fix it myself) and my unhappiness that a 3 1/2 yr old car had such a failure likely to cost £800 to fix, they were pretty good about it and with no arguments got on to Seat UK who agreed to meet 70% of the bill so it ended up costing me just over £200. Plus the car's running great now although not sure if thats a result of the new valve or the fact its running Shell Diesel with a bottle of Forte diesel treatment, as opposed to it's usual supermarket fuel:blink:
Shell all the way from now on:)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise