Leon 184 FR ST Water Leak - Passenger Footwell

Lloydy1980

Oct 7, 2017
Stourbridge
Has anybody had this issue? Was first noticed this Monday gone after not using the car over the weekend & being welcomed by a horrible smell.
Having spoke with SEAT they said they had seen one before where the rear wash pipe had split causing the leak. The car is booked to go in Monday & advised a 2 day "dash-out" job if it is.
However, I've blasted the front windscreen/sunroof with a hose pipe & low & behold it's pissing in around the bonnet release. So my guess either in the heat the windscreen sealant has been effected or the sunroof somehow?
Car is a Feb 2017 non face-lift model.

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
Could be the drainpipe from the sunroof, I think they run down the 'A' pillars. At least it's under warranty. You need to make sure it's done properly as there are lots of electrical connections behind the panel where the bonnet release is, could cause problems in the future.

Lloydy1980

Oct 7, 2017
Stourbridge
Could be the drainpipe from the sunroof, I think they run down the 'A' pillars. At least it's under warranty. You need to make sure it's done properly as there are lots of electrical connections behind the panel where the bonnet release is, could cause problems in the future.
Would this pipe usually have a join in it? I did spot the fuse board behind the glove box which was very close to the leak, i hope it doesn't cause any major electrical issues. Thank god for the warranty!

Lloydy1980

Oct 7, 2017
Stourbridge
All sorted. Apparently the drain pipe was kinked & had to be replaced. It's in 2 halves apparently soon finds its way into the car if it backs up

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.