Leon 1P Vag-Com Cable ** Canbus OBD Diagnostics**

BeartheBruce

Ross-Tech, LLC
Apr 23, 2006
Near Philadelphia, PA, USA
Of course you will... didn't expect you to do anything different. You said it all - you have all the answers.

How much does an ECU cost? You better save that up and put it aside for the moment your Chinese fake damages an ECU. 'Cause I know one thing for sure, the fakers ain't gonna help you if you do......

LeonCR

Oct 22, 2009
I would never use a copy cable in my car, spending so much money in a car uf I did buy I would only be buying original

BeartheBruce

Ross-Tech, LLC
Apr 23, 2006
And for those who do see value in continuing development, a new Beta has been released that is compatible with Windows 8 and the latest UDS/ODX protocol .... http://www.ross-tech.com/vcds/download/beta/current.html ....

Remember, we don't charge for updates so you can use the Beta at no cost to you! (but that doesn't mean it didn't cost anything...) Download the latest and use it.

Hey Jarre, find another scan tool company that gives free updates on their product... You'll be looking for a while....

LeonCR

Oct 22, 2009
I don't give a crap what people think, don't get me wrong I do think the Ross tech gear is expensive and I can't afford it, but I can also see its value

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
$1200 USD.. new... not sure what you pay for a used from a junk yard...

I would eat my shorts if Ross Tech were to fork out 1200 dollars for the repair of a fault that their device may have caused. Total BS. They tell us that they hardly make a profit so do they actually have a spare 1200 dollars?

In the real world they would probably be the ones hunting the junk yards for a replacement ECU.

The replies from Ross Tech in this thread only make me think one thing. They have a bad attitude so don't deal with them. If my fake VCDS damages my ECU and my cars manufacturer warranty won't pay out I'll get a match and make my insurance pay out.

LeonCR

Oct 22, 2009
How would you feel if some people were actively talking about products that use hacked versions of your own software, with the support level I have heard about them I have no doubt they would replace the Ecu had the original software caused it to break

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
I won't be buying either the ross tech or a fake cable, i'll just have to pay if I ever need VCDS or ask a forum member nicely! If i was to get a cable I'd rather it be the official one.

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Tbh if Ross Tech did a Unix/Linux/BSD version I'd probably buy it

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
All this Ross Tech grizzling about people robbing their work, I hate to see a grown man cry. Why don't they just do something about it, aren't they the software masters that do all the really tricky R&D? You'd have thought they'd have cracked it by now and stopped the likes of VAGdiagnostics with some clever software barrier. R:shrug:

LeonCR

Oct 22, 2009
I guarantee dude if you were in charge off ross tech then you would be feeling exactly the same, and you should know yourself someone wil always find a way to exploit things just like apple with ios and jailbreaking

Flogger87

Can anyone tell me if the 805.1 software works, I bought it today then found this site and no one seems to have spoke on this programme only the 802.4 & 702

ahmedelbaghdady

Right chaps, got my cable as above and it works a treat, haven't come across anything yet that it can't do and I've been playing for many hours.

The point of this post really was to say that I have managed to illuminate the front DRL's (side lights, NOT fogs) without the rear lights coming on :D
If anyone is interested in doing it as I know it has been discussed many times on different forums, this is how I done it after many many trial and error attempts.

BTW - I am not responsible in any way if you **** up your coding, this is a guide as to how I got mine working so take care.

This for VCDS 10.6.4.
Car - 2010 (October build) CR170 FR

Open VCDS and check the communication with CAN first.

Select Control Module

ScreenShot001.jpg

Select Module 09 - Central Electrics

ScreenShot002.jpg

Select - Coding 07

ScreenShot003.jpg

Click on Byte 15 (or Byte 00 and toggle along with up & down arrows) and tick bit 6 ' Daytime Running Lights (DRL) via seperate Lights active'

ScreenShot005.jpg

Click Exit or red cross or press Esc.

IMPORTANT - Copy the long coding in the original coding box and keep it safe, this will return the car to the original settings should you drop a bollock or this method does not work on your car.

Click Do It.
Click OK (if box says new coding is accepted)

Select - Coding 07

Click on Byte 24 and tick bit 07 at bottom 'Daytime Running Lights (DRL) as Position Lights active'

ScreenShot007.jpg

Check Byte 18 and see what your lights are set to in the drop down menu (forgot to take screenshot), mine were set to Standard set up...not Golf, Tiguan, Tuareg, Altea etc etc

Click Exit or red cross or Esc.
Click Do It
Click OK
Click Close Controller, Go Back
Click Go Back
Click Exit and Exit VCDS

Turn off ignition and unplug lead.

Now then, I have side lights as DRL's on the FRONT ONLY and no bulb warning messages, all other lights function as they should.

If you are in any way uncomfortable with this then DON'T DO IT.

I've also enabled the gauge sweep (very cool) and the alarm chirps when locking / unlocking but removed them after 1 day as they were getting on my tits. This VCDS is a great tool to have.

do you have the bixenon headlights or the ones with the reflector?

BeartheBruce

Ross-Tech, LLC
Apr 23, 2006
Can anyone tell me if the 805.1 software works, I bought it today then found this site and no one seems to have spoke on this programme only the 802.4 & 702

805.1 is not the program - it is the revision version number of our VCDS product.

It was released in May of 2008. Since we provide free updates on our product why would you run 805.1 when 11.11.5 is available? You can download it for free.

Last edited:

Flogger87

It's what come with the cable so a just used it, also when I try to go into a module and try to coding (07) it asks for a code (refer to service manual). Does anyone else have this problem or just me? If so does anyone know a code lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members