Leon 1P Vag-Com Cable ** Canbus OBD Diagnostics**

BeartheBruce

Ross-Tech, LLC
Apr 23, 2006
Near Philadelphia, PA, USA
It's what come with the cable so a just used it, also when I try to go into a module and try to coding (07) it asks for a code (refer to service manual). Does anyone else have this problem or just me? If so does anyone know a code lol

What year is your car? Is it newer than 2008? If so, then what you have described makes all kinds of sense. The 805 version of VCDS has no idea about the control module and so it cannot help you figure out what is in your car.

If the model year is before 2008, then it is possible that we did not have information on the build in your car. Remember, we don't have SEAT on the this side of the pond.

So, again, my suggestion is you use a current version of our product and see if that improves performance. 4+ years of work may have addressed the issue you are facing.

Flogger87

My is a 2006, what would u suggest to do, try the newest software?

Flogger87

Mine does everything other than acsess coding, clears faults and what ave ya ok though

BeartheBruce

Ross-Tech, LLC
Apr 23, 2006
Near Philadelphia, PA, USA
What module we talking about? As the manual on our product has said for years:

Notes:

Some Modules require a valid Login before you can re-code them.

A feature unique to VCDS: You can leave the Work Shop Code unchanged, or enter any workshop code you desire. Certain other programs always leave a tell-tale WSC when you re-code a module.

The Importer Number is only relevant for recoding controllers that use KWP-2000. By default, this will remain unchanged unless you have set up an Importer Number in the Options screen.

Up to 20 lines of coding chart data can be included in a Label File. This data is shown in a balloon on the coding screen.

Login codes are usually found in the official factory repair information. Try erWin for that information.

A 2006 model year should be covered by the 805.1 release. However, given that you are using a knockoff product, one can only guess what they included with the knock off. Did the files they ripped off from us have the data for your car? Who knows.

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2006
Norfolk, Norwich
are there any special needs that need to be ticked or done when you use the cheap Cables?

got my hands on a china cable to test out. ran the code scan and got most of the way through then it looks like it freezes. either connection to car is lost or throws out some random errors like licence not applicable etc.

cable hasnt been online

could it be Vista

running 11.11.2

cheers

Deleted member 74601

are there any special needs that need to be ticked or done when you use the cheap Cables?

got my hands on a china cable to test out. ran the code scan and got most of the way through then it looks like it freezes. either connection to car is lost or throws out some random errors like licence not applicable etc.

cable hasnt been online

could it be Vista

running 11.11.2

cheers

This is the problem with the cheap cable, nothing else. I had the same problem, bought the genuine cable and immediately went away.

turbomick

onvi yellow cupra r
Apr 12, 2011
halifax
quick word on tailgate struts - went to my local breakers today and luckily they had previous generation Skoda Octavia hatchback. For a grand price of £5 I walked away with two struts - 1U6 827 550f

Apparently they're 515nm strong so should be ok. Quickly fixed them on the car and voila! works brilliantly.

I'll take quick vid later on today but I can already see how useful this is. And it is progressive action as well to an extent because it doesn't jump all the way to the top, opens smoothly, just right strength.

Downside is it requires you to close lid with more force but can't have everything!

Just the stuts or the ball pins and bumpers mate