Leon 5f St Fr + mk2 fr (daily track car)

Damien Sales

Jun 29, 2019
Deal kent
Hi all ex mechanic of 15 years and always been into my cars, this is the first form I have been a part of and first ever log of my car/plans and updates, I will try and post as much as I can

Down to the car, I brought a 2014 leon st fr (150bhp tdi) slight high mileage of 160k but with what's planned I'm not fussed with this, and the price I paid I definitely got the deal I wanted,
Screenshot_20190310-111818.png

First things I done was to put my wheels from an old car on nothing special but all good tyers so why not, sizes are 18" with an 8j front 9j rear and et of 45/42 I think
_20190815_170301.JPG

After a week of running with no faults next little job was to carry out some coding as I have vag com and wanted some extra features, and what iv done is
  • Needle swipe on start up
  • Clip on locking and unlocking with key
  • Rear DTRL'S turned on
  • Stop/start system deactivated
  • Front fog light delete (this will be explained why later)
  • Lap time recorder on dash features
  • 1st and 2nd gear torque restrictions removed so have full power/torque from the off
Most of this has been done for personal preference, and have no real effect on anything apart from torque limit removed this I have found to have changed the car for the better, no more slight sluggish when pulling out for a gap,

After this cupl of silly jobs like heko wind deflectors, interior lights all to led, front washer jets replaced with golf mk7 mist spray system (a gr8 littl swap as I find the standard 3 nozel jet as standard are just poor for cleaning the screen) and last was a dtuk turning box, this was a free be from a old work m8 that no longer water it, I have always had my cars remapped properly and never used these plug and play turning box's however I am pleasantly surprised with it, definitely fill a difference and I have also gone from 58-61mpg to getting 65+mpg on long runs,

Next up was stopping the car I had previously had brembo 18z on a different car a gd Caliper for the price but I didn't want something so big and to be honest after running for 2 months front discs was worped so If your looking for a Caliper just for looks then it's OK, if you want stopping power I'd look else where, so what I did with the leon I went down the route of a brembo 4 pot from the audi ttrs running a 340mm disc, this kit come with a nomal brembo disc which I have used but once I need to replace I will be going for the club sport disc's with a saving of 900g per side, rears are stock 232mm soild disc, I do have a set of 310mm vented rear setbut not fitted yet, and have gone to a 5.1 dot brake fluid
_20190815_203115.JPG

Now this brings me up to last week, my standard rear bumper was the bumper tiper where there was no interchangeable rear splitter/Diffuser so I have brought a face lift cupra rear bumper and fitter the rieger cupra Diffuser and I have seen some ppl questions if the face lift bumper will fit the pre face lift model I can confirm on the leon st it does fit and had no problem fitting it, apart from the standard exhaust I had to removed one of the tail pipes to clear Diffuser (not a problem as I'm not using the car untill new exhaust is fitted) while I was fitting have changed to led number plate lights and fitted a rear camera for future radio upgrade, so now just waiting till beginning of September to have custom exhaust made up
_20190815_202109.JPG

_20190815_202034.JPG

Future plans for the car are sort out suspension/engine turning with darkside aiming for 250bhp as not wanting to do head work for an extra 20hp and they have said there is no way at the moment to get any more that 280hp, with the engine upgrade some stuff may seem abit over kill but I want to keep things at a very safe level e.g temperatures of engine, once parts start coming in I will upload and report and give feed back to help anyone else wanting to go down a similar route,

BenH1993

Jul 12, 2019
Hi all ex mechanic of 15 years and always been into my cars, this is the first form I have been a part of and first ever log of my car/plans and updates, I will try and post as much as I can

Down to the car, I brought a 2014 leon st fr (150bhp tdi) slight high mileage of 160k but with what's planned I'm not fussed with this, and the price I paid I definitely got the deal I wanted,
View attachment 9294

First things I done was to put my wheels from an old car on nothing special but all good tyers so why not, sizes are 18" with an 8j front 9j rear and et of 45/42 I think
View attachment 9295

After a week of running with no faults next little job was to carry out some coding as I have vag com and wanted some extra features, and what iv done is
  • Needle swipe on start up
  • Clip on locking and unlocking with key
  • Rear DTRL'S turned on
  • Stop/start system deactivated
  • Front fog light delete (this will be explained why later)
  • Lap time recorder on dash features
  • 1st and 2nd gear torque restrictions removed so have full power/torque from the off
Most of this has been done for personal preference, and have no real effect on anything apart from torque limit removed this I have found to have changed the car for the better, no more slight sluggish when pulling out for a gap,

After this cupl of silly jobs like heko wind deflectors, interior lights all to led, front washer jets replaced with golf mk7 mist spray system (a gr8 littl swap as I find the standard 3 nozel jet as standard are just poor for cleaning the screen) and last was a dtuk turning box, this was a free be from a old work m8 that no longer water it, I have always had my cars remapped properly and never used these plug and play turning box's however I am pleasantly surprised with it, definitely fill a difference and I have also gone from 58-61mpg to getting 65+mpg on long runs,

Next up was stopping the car I had previously had brembo 18z on a different car a gd Caliper for the price but I didn't want something so big and to be honest after running for 2 months front discs was worped so If your looking for a Caliper just for looks then it's OK, if you want stopping power I'd look else where, so what I did with the leon I went down the route of a brembo 4 pot from the audi ttrs running a 340mm disc, this kit come with a nomal brembo disc which I have used but once I need to replace I will be going for the club sport disc's with a saving of 900g per side, rears are stock 232mm soild disc, I do have a set of 310mm vented rear setbut not fitted yet, and have gone to a 5.1 dot brake fluid
View attachment 9304

Now this brings me up to last week, my standard rear bumper was the bumper tiper where there was no interchangeable rear splitter/Diffuser so I have brought a face lift cupra rear bumper and fitter the rieger cupra Diffuser and I have seen some ppl questions if the face lift bumper will fit the pre face lift model I can confirm on the leon st it does fit and had no problem fitting it, apart from the standard exhaust I had to removed one of the tail pipes to clear Diffuser (not a problem as I'm not using the car untill new exhaust is fitted) while I was fitting have changed to led number plate lights and fitted a rear camera for future radio upgrade, so now just waiting till beginning of September to have custom exhaust made up
View attachment 9302

View attachment 9303
Future plans for the car are sort out suspension/engine turning with darkside aiming for 250bhp as not wanting to do head work for an extra 20hp and they have said there is no way at the moment to get any more that 280hp, with the engine upgrade some stuff may seem abit over kill but I want to keep things at a very safe level e.g temperatures of engine, once parts start coming in I will upload and report and give feed back to help anyone else wanting to go down a similar route,
I've got the same motor but not the estate. I'm hoping to get the coding sorted in mine too and get the engine upgraded! Hoping the facelift cupra bumper fits on my hatchback too as this is definitely something I've been wanting to do.... hope it all goes well for you pal

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Damien Sales

Jun 29, 2019
Deal kent
More parts turning up and fitted....

Have changed the air intake system and fitted
-racingline r600 airbox and filter
-Darkside development air mass to turbo pipe
-Neuspeed turbo discharge pipe
_20191008_112926.JPG

OK so this wasn't a straight forward fit as everyone I have spoken to list's the r600 intake only for petrol engines, the base of the filter fits fine a little tight with the coolant pipe (which I am going to change) the filter it's self I had to take around a inch off the pipe connection to shorten, off cut of pipe to allow to connect filter to airmass and finally top part of the filter onlt thing needed to do was remove a small amount of plastic for the two front screws,

_20191008_112854.JPG

Neuspeed pipe was a really nice fit come with new bolts have to use the old seal of the old pipe part brought from awesome gti

_20191008_114508.JPG

Darkside development pipe, ni d replacement part, no clips anymore for vacuum pipes so have tucked underneath the pipe to reduce movement,

Attachments

• _20191008_112825.JPG
    _20191008_112825.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 223
Reactions: MATT RILEY

Damien Sales

Jun 29, 2019
Deal kent
OK been a busy couple of months with a little man addition to the family, the st has now become the family car and iv brought a new car
_20200321_124715.JPG

Gone bk to bkd engine no need to worry about dpf/emissions and be able to get desired bhp (300/350)
Wheel swap between the 2 cars and going to move over the ttrs calipers,
_20200410_193949.JPG _20200410_194010.JPG
Both 18" seat sport wheels on the st now 225/45/18 and Bola b1 8.5j on the btcc 205/30/18 at the mo but not happy with this and going to have a play around with tyers,

Reactions: Woody_72

Damien Sales

Jun 29, 2019
Deal kent
OK so iv done it agen lol , I've brought myself another car, so the btcc is now up for sale and iv changed it for a mk2 fr (tdi)
_20200606_212327.JPG
_20200606_212351.JPG

After getting it home work iv done so far is a/c full removal, darkside oil cooler fitted, oil change and fuel, egr delete and egr cooler delete and swapped the wheels from the btcc,changed coilovers to stance + _20200606_212432.JPG
Parts I still have to fit/do just need a ramp is audi tt front lower arms, new rear arms (both will move the camber a Littl) battery relocation to the boot and then water meathonl to go in the batterys place, and 2.5" full exhaust then onto ordering more and getting the track car I want and should be ready for next year

Damien Sales

Jun 29, 2019
Deal kent
Little update on bits done, rear seats now out the car and brace bar in its place, this was off baf-motorsport bar looks good but if I'm honest the fit isn't, to large of a gap so welded in some plates to take this up,
_20200628_160429.JPG

Quick shift arm on gearbox changed and gear knob, (my plans are to change for cae)
Omp steering wheel with quick release (just need to sort horn wiring)
_20200628_160503.JPG
Exhaust is now on, full 2.5" no silancers and stealth tip for now until I get tips finished off,
_20200627_082324.JPG
Battery relocation to boot, cage is being welded in today and have to fig out how I want the wiring to go next weekend

Attachments

• _20200628_160429.JPG
    _20200628_160429.JPG
    501.9 KB · Views: 206

Damien Sales

Jun 29, 2019
Deal kent
Finally finished off the boot, so have moved battery to the boot little sub and amp I had lying around, room under the bonnet now to make brackets up for snow performance kit
_20200909_144816.JPG
_20200909_144839.JPG