Leon ('65 plate) Cup Holder Rattle?!

Sep 16, 2019
Hi all!

Proud to upgrade from my older Ibiza to a 65 plate Leon FR (2.0 TDI DSG) today.

I absolutely LOVE the car so far, it's so much nicer to drive, more comfy in every way, it's just better.

However, when I placed a Coke bottle in the central cupholders, the rattle was ridiculous!

I presume the doorbins are going to frustrate me just as much with their rattles...

Anyone have a link to a product that can solve my woes, little rubber inserts for the cupholders or something similar?

Thanks,
Tom!

womble68

Aug 8, 2009
Bebington, Wirral
I've lined things in the past with black or dark grey sticky backed felt. You can usually find this in an arts and crafts shop or similar, just damps the noises from the plastic.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Tcshad

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
The cup holders in the Leon's are by far the worst design ever... The preface lift ones were just about usable if you wanted a full size cup/can/bottle and a mini bottle - the facelift ones are even worse and so you have to choose whether you want the cup to rattle, or whether you want it to fall over.
Whoever was responsible for designing them needs to take a good, long, hard look at themselves in the mirror!!

Sep 16, 2019
I'm prefacelift, I believe, and it's just solid hard plastic that makes a lot of noise. In other cars I've owned they've had rubber inserts, but I've had no look finding any for this car

womble68

Aug 8, 2009
Bebington, Wirral
To be honest the prefacelift aren't that bad and I expect I may miss them myself as I could fit a pint sized glass in them. I dont expect the same in the facelift.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Don1961

Apr 11, 2019
Hi all!

Proud to upgrade from my older Ibiza to a 65 plate Leon FR (2.0 TDI DSG) today.

I absolutely LOVE the car so far, it's so much nicer to drive, more comfy in every way, it's just better.

However, when I placed a Coke bottle in the central cupholders, the rattle was ridiculous!

I presume the doorbins are going to frustrate me just as much with their rattles...

Anyone have a link to a product that can solve my woes, little rubber inserts for the cupholders or something similar?

Thanks,
Tom!
Hi @Tcshad I've just ordered this set, as recommended by someone/somewhere on here....

https://www.graficar.com.tr/product/seat-leon-5f-mk3-konfor-seti/

It has bits for cup holders, box under the centre armrest and all the door pockets. It's all pre cut and includes sides for cubby holes and door pockets, not just the bottom bits. Plus there's a couple of videos on the site showing how to fit it.

You'll need to select the year of your car (options go back to 2015) and also add that you require a set for a right hand drive car.

I'll let you know what it's like once I've fitted it

Hope this helps.

Sep 16, 2019
Hi @Tcshad I've just ordered this set, as recommended by someone/somewhere on here....

https://www.graficar.com.tr/product/seat-leon-5f-mk3-konfor-seti/

It has bits for cup holders, box under the centre armrest and all the door pockets. It's all pre cut and includes sides for cubby holes and door pockets, not just the bottom bits. Plus there's a couple of videos on the site showing how to fit it.

You'll need to select the year of your car (options go back to 2015) and also add that you require a set for a right hand drive car.

I'll let you know what it's like once I've fitted it

Hope this helps.

Hi Don, that's awesome, please let me know!

Sep 20, 2019
The cup holders in the Leon's are by far the worst design ever... The preface lift ones were just about usable if you wanted a full size cup/can/bottle and a mini bottle - the facelift ones are even worse and so you have to choose whether you want the cup to rattle, or whether you want it to fall over.
Whoever was responsible for designing them needs to take a good, long, hard look at themselves in the mirror!!
Totally agree.
I still haven't found a drink that fits in the smallest one!

Reactions: paddy6789

Don1961

Apr 11, 2019
Hi Don, that's awesome, please let me know!
It's finally arrived and so far so good.
I've done all the cubby holes and glove box. Just the door pockets to go.
The only problem I've had is the back piece for the glove box..... the supplied piece (3 in pic below) is for a flat surface and the back of the glove box isn't flat. I think it's because it's slightly different to a left had drive car and my kit does say it's for a right hand drive. The piece does fit with a bit of cutting, though not as well as the rest.
Here's pic of instructions, even includes small box to right of steering column which I didn't see on website.
I'll post more pics when I've finished
IMG_20191018_113244.jpg

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.