leon angel headlights

andycupra

status subject to change
they look ok/good on black and grey leons. (black angel eyes).

yellow they dont suit, red is a judgement call.

i think the chrome ones may look ok on light grey / silver leons only but are not to my taste.
Oh and dont pay that much.

There are that hate angel eyes no matter what combination.
Bear in mind they do not perform as well as the standard lights, many add hids

FR+TDI

Jul 8, 2007
Carmarthenshire, Wales.
Got black ones on the missus FR+, no chrome surrounds for the lights (there are two types of black ones). As said the lights arent as good, but Seat lights are shite anyway, my Altea is also crap! Getting HID's for the Leon it as I type!
Got to remove the bumper to remove the lights, I've got a two post lift in garage at home so it was a good bit easier, still took best part of two hours though (1st time 'round).
Ultra seem to be the common make (is there another make?), word of warning, I had to return the 1st set I had as the passenger side light would completely steam up (& look shite), this obviously meant removal of the bumper, etc, AGAIN. I bought the lights of ebay from 'Waxacar' for £145 inclusive but they didn't want to know when I contacted them about the condensation problem so I had Ultra's number and dealt direct, they were really good & sent me another pair of lights so I didn't have to remove the 1st lot, then refit the standard lights, then refit the 2nd lot (ie I only had to do one switch over) - this is when I found out about the black lights with the chrome ring (1st lot) & the totally black lights (2nd lot). To make sure I didn't have any condensation problems again, I put extra sealer (clear) around the light where the clear cover goes over the body & left them in the airing cupboard for a week to make sure they were dry. 6 months later & no problems. The angel eye sidelights aren't that bright even with LED's in them, but I think they look good on the car, black lights, black car. As Andy says, other combinations perhaps don't lend themselves so well. Hope I havent exhausted or bored anyone!!!!!

ei2gfb

Leon FR 1.4 TSI
Dec 24, 2007
not sure what to do i have a red leon seen some pics on the net and its hit or miss chrome/black think ill give it a miss prob not worth the hassle

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
Took me 3 hours to remove the bumper with no instructions - it's not that much of a job although as said above, they do need HID to really work. Once fitted with HID, they outperform the OE lights even with HID fitted :)

b_wain

Dec 28, 2007
Sorry to sound really stupid but what are HID? any pics or websites i can see them?

AndyHazza

Ex-Awesome GTi Staff
Mar 30, 2005
Bolton
www.awesome-gti.co.uk
I've always had mixed opinions about these. Some cars they can suit down to the ground, others they dont quite look right on. As said though it is all personal preference. IIRC though aren't they only available as left hand drive units so would fail an MOT??

Si

Southern MoFo!
Aug 21, 2003
Bournemouth
www.westover.org.uk
I already have the HID kit in my OE lights but they need replacing/cleaning so was looking into these headlights (with projector).

Do the HID bulb's fit in the projectors ok? and what type bulb do they take? (Same H7)

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2006
Mid Wales
Sorry to sound really stupid but what are HID? any pics or websites i can see them?

High Intensity Discharge

They (generally) use Xenon gas and work in a similar way to fluorescent tubes - ie. a high voltage spark is used to make the gas incandescence rather than using a tungsten filament like a conventional lamp.

PaulLC

Nov 8, 2007
Tyne & Wear
Do the HID bulb's fit in the projectors ok? and what type bulb do they take? (Same H7)[/QUOTE]

They take H1 fitment.

dmmsta

Sold car - bought bike
Feb 10, 2007
Maidstone - Kent
Do the HID bulb's fit in the projectors ok? and what type bulb do they take? (Same H7)

It's a bit of work to get the HID's into the Projector style lights, as you have to modify the hole where the bulb goes through (it's too small for the HID bulbs).

Uncle Fester & J@mes are 2 people that have done it for defo, so have a search for their threads on the subject.

Both of them stripped the light units down to do the mod, to avoid getting any "bits" into the projector section, others that have done the same mod did it without stripping the lights...but you have to be careful if you do it that way.

I'm off & on about putting Halo lights in, partly because of the work (yes I'm lazy), and partly because I'm not sure they'll look quite right on my car.

murtagh_sean

Aug 2, 2007
Eglish, Co. Tyrone
I've a set on Angel Eyes on my metallic red leon and I think they look well, really sets off the front of the car while I thought the OEM one's I had were very plain looking...but like everything everyone has their own opinion I suppose!

Uncle Fester was looking at your pics there and I think u've the exact same one's as me...there last week the largest angel aye (the jewely part) came off and is just siting in the headlight and I was planning to sort it out this Wednesday coming but I see in a few of your pics that you took them off for work so was wondering are they hard to place back on again?

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
Do you mean the angel eye ring? If so it's just held on with 3 spots of 'soft' glue. It has 3 lipped clips that locate it, but it's not a secure fit hence the glue. I reckon a hotglue gun would be fine to fix them back in place with. It does mean removing the bumper to get the lights off though which IS a pain.

10 minutes with a hairdryer around the seal once you've taken the metal clips off will seperate them ( will need a bit of pulling ) but just make sure you've got some soft sealant to seal them back up with.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.