Clanfield, UK
smaller turbo, probably more boost

it's not all about peak numbers though... area under the graph etc

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
there's the big 'lump' on the gearbox casing that fouls, plus there's issues with it lining up etc

we managed to clock the turbo the 'right' angle - so that's no longer a problem

Got no pics of how we've set the inlet - jonah thought I was in the states these past weeks - so he didn't tie me down to put his driveshaft back on :D

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
no - I mean it's rotated... but the only way we could rotate it was once the turbo was 'on' the car done up - else it wasn't going to mount properly

ChriS3

Heheh, I just read all this thread and realised how long its been going on for. I wish I'd found it earlier since I just so happen to have the GTRS on my S3....

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
yeah, it's not been an easy year to find any time to do anything. total hours spent on it are very very low indeed though.

ChriS3

Well, for what it's worth. I'm running at 1.45 bar (64% duty cycle), and getting 333bhp and 308lbs-ft. Running with the 3" inlet, 475cc injectors, Forge FMIC, RS4 maf and housing, 3" TIP, the ATP cone filter, and Star mapping. They're only slightly different engines so the results should be similar.

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
Hi Chris (been to the post office yet?). I think you might have originally run without the 3" outlet, then put the 3" outlet on after? If you did, I think I remember seeing some pictures of mods that Start had done to the cable bracket?

Might have been myk3's though...

ChriS3

Heh, I went to the post office this morning and got a few funny looks as I walked out. Cheers for that, I'll be fitting it in the next week or two. I'll pics up once its on.

I tried the 3" inlet on a different manifold first time, but ATP's mani for the LCR/S3/TT pushes the inlet into the gearbox. I've kept the standard mani on for now. The only thing it needed was a 90º silicone bend going into the ATP TIP.

YerMother

comes and goes
Sep 22, 2004
East Midlands Drives: Scirocco GT
Well, for what it's worth. I'm running at 1.45 bar (64% duty cycle), and getting 333bhp and 308lbs-ft. Running with the 3" inlet, 475cc injectors, Forge FMIC, RS4 maf and housing, 3" TIP, the ATP cone filter, and Star mapping. They're only slightly different engines so the results should be similar.

Why has it only been mapped to 64% duty cycle? Restriction from the standard mani causing problems with high exhaust temps and CFs?

Or just a conservative level of tune?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members