Leon ATP GTRS Eliminator install

RobDon

Pro Detailer
Well mine now makes 1.4 BAR at only 56% boost duty cycle ... so yeah, more is there! ;) Previously with the Forge hose it took 75% duty to make 1.3 BAR - big difference with the big inlet! I hope to get it on the dyno soon to see what it's making just now.

ChriS3

Why has it only been mapped to 64% duty cycle? Restriction from the standard mani causing problems with high exhaust temps and CFs?

Or just a conservative level of tune?

Yeah, as Rob said, its 64% wastegate duty cycle with the AVC-R. The turbo will run 350bhp at 72% but I'm still running standard internals - better safe than sorry.

ChriS3

Well mine now makes 1.4 BAR at only 56% boost duty cycle ... so yeah, more is there! ;) Previously with the Forge hose it took 75% duty to make 1.3 BAR - big difference with the big inlet! I hope to get it on the dyno soon to see what it's making just now.

I was admiring your car when mine was in getting the turbo fitted, nice motor :thumbup:

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Nope, away on business for 2 weekends, and just working bloody hard elsewhere

only needs map, driveshaft bolting on anyway.

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
Hope you don't mind if I post in here rather than starting a new thread.

The GT28RS Eliminator kit I've acquired includes an ATP big bore inlet. :funk: It isn't here yet.

If the turbo is clocked, it won't affect the position of the inlet, will it?

Is the following the way forward? (Pics borrowed from the vortex thread)
IMG_0434.jpg

IMG_0441.jpg

IMG_0555.jpg

and
(with altered bracket on top)
IMG_0551.jpg

Also, does anyone know if Kev from Revo is away this week?

Last edited:

myk3

Dec 16, 2005
nope wont effect the comp inlet if you clock it, you shoudlnt need to clock it though. and yes if you go the 5 speed tranny then you will need to grind that down, its simple with the use of an angle grinder

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
but what does foul is the inlet on the gearbox/block depending... where the thing bolts on - the centre remains exactly that, but the locating bolts move

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
nope wont effect the comp inlet if you clock it, you shoudlnt need to clock it though. and yes if you go the 5 speed tranny then you will need to grind that down, its simple with the use of an angle grinder

Is that a 5 speed in the pics, whoever referenced it said it was a 6 speed. :confused:

I'm back now, albeit with a slight hangover...

just sent you a PM. If you want I'm on email all week!
Cheers Kev, reply sent. :)

but what does foul is the inlet on the gearbox/block depending... where the thing bolts on - the centre remains exactly that, but the locating bolts move
It was a daft question really. Mine will end up clocked at the same angle as Jonah's.

myk3

Dec 16, 2005
is there an update with this install or is it still wating for the drive shaft bolting up? then mapping?

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
So here's mine at the moment.
P1010141.jpg

With the spare lug that's standing up on the diff housing off, I reckon the ATP big bore inlet would go on. The question is, will it be in the right position to meet the Compressor inlet, or are the gear linkage brackets in a different position on the 5speed?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.